The (Un)Official PipesMagazine Secret Santa Thread 2022!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwesthurl

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 27, 2022
St. Louis
I am happy to do so. It is a blend primarily of "Packet" and "Lucky Star. The challenges for Larry is getting the ratio right if he is only doing a ounce.

He might have it under Telescopes; however, you can always tell him you are looking for the blend that Douglas of Palm Desert has with him.

His father-in-law, John Dengler, and I worked on it for many years before settling in on this blend. At one time it was a mixture of a whole lot of tobaccos and seasonings, but we settled on this.

I know the constituent components under their true names, but out of respect for John and Larry I don't mention what they are.

I've smoked it for four decades. Yes, it is an aromatic. But, it is a pleasant one with a wonderful room note. The nougat is just strong enough to give it some depth, complexity, and body.

Black Maria would be my next go to blend of theirs. A mild English blend, it is unusual because it also has a VERY PLEASANT room note.

My Dad has an aromatic blend that he has smoked even longer - I refer to it as Lazy Bones. It is a blend of Cameron's Blend and Cherry Flambe.

It is an extremely mild blend with just a hint of Cherry. It is also an excellent blend if you are looking to build up a little cake in your bowl or want to break in your pipe.

I've tried Haden and it too is a good entry English Blend as well. Probably more English than Black Maria, but I am not keeping score.

I am certain that somewhere along the way, Larry didn't get the exact recipes right for Bagdad, or perhaps he just sent me a blend that was mixed wrong. I didn't enjoy that one at all.

John Dengler Tobacconist. It is coming to an end. An era will have come to a close when Larry closes up shop.

Let me know if you try any of those blends.

Douglas

View attachment 180909
View attachment 180912
Thank you! I absolutely love Country Kitchen and Black Maria is a close second. I will probably stock up on both before he closes up shop. It will be a sad day indeed.

B.Fee

Lifer
Nov 28, 2019
Honolulu / Colorado
I am happy to do so. It is a blend primarily of "Packet" and "Lucky Star. The challenges for Larry is getting the ratio right if he is only doing a ounce.

He might have it under Telescopes; however, you can always tell him you are looking for the blend that Douglas of Palm Desert has with him.

His father-in-law, John Dengler, and I worked on it for many years before settling in on this blend. At one time it was a mixture of a whole lot of tobaccos and seasonings, but we settled on this.

I know the constituent components under their true names, but out of respect for John and Larry I don't mention what they are.

I've smoked it for four decades. Yes, it is an aromatic. But, it is a pleasant one with a wonderful room note. The nougat is just strong enough to give it some depth, complexity, and body.

Black Maria would be my next go to blend of theirs. A mild English blend, it is unusual because it also has a VERY PLEASANT room note.

My Dad has an aromatic blend that he has smoked even longer - I refer to it as Lazy Bones. It is a blend of Cameron's Blend and Cherry Flambe.

It is an extremely mild blend with just a hint of Cherry. It is also an excellent blend if you are looking to build up a little cake in your bowl or want to break in your pipe.

I've tried Haden and it too is a good entry English Blend as well. Probably more English than Black Maria, but I am not keeping score.

I am certain that somewhere along the way, Larry didn't get the exact recipes right for Bagdad, or perhaps he just sent me a blend that was mixed wrong. I didn't enjoy that one at all.

John Dengler Tobacconist. It is coming to an end. An era will have come to a close when Larry closes up shop.

Let me know if you try any of those blends.

Douglas

View attachment 180909
View attachment 180912
Screenshot_20220922-151832_Instagram.jpg

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
6vmnge.jpg

rsz_screen_shot_2015-09-21_at_85513_am.png

we now have 96 members signed up!

For those who have contacted me about removing your name from Secret Santa this year, please check this list and make sure I've removed your name.

Woodsroad
coming to_falling too
B.Fee
Peter Turbo
HawkeyeLinus
Infantry23
jaytex1969
Trouttimes
scloyd
ben88
YoMamma
Username
ChonkyTonks
Cosmicfolklore
Streeper541
jguss
TheIronMonkey
SoliDeoGloria86
Puffaluffaguss
captainsousie
Honkytonk Man
dcrguns
DanWil84
vates
Masterblaster
Lightxmyfire
Chilllucky
SBC
Bullet08
sablebrush52
FLDRD
jndyer
Brewfan
pipingfool
BluegrassBrian
Condorlover1
Simplicity
CohibaJoe
Michigan_Bill
CoffeeAndBourbon
Ryan
otm
Copernicuslyrun
eslavs
mtwaller
edger
Dr. Van Loafer
clynch
timt
Tmcg81
jwesthurl
andret
Swiss Army Knife
Marc75
Jacob74
Monty55
LotusEater
weezell
Tar Wheel
CRASHtheGREY
Amarkey
SpookedPiper
J-Evverrett
Sgetz
mikethompson
spicy_boiii
Huckleberry
Spartacus
PipeIT
Donutluvr
UncleRasta
AppalachianPiper92
Humblepipe
Jwebb90
KaunThePiper
simong
B.Lew
TN Jed
TheDesertPiper
keith929
d4k23
originalnutcracker
Spinkle
Lucky695
jerry
lyon0op
vosBghos
augiebd
North Pole Piper
Akoni808
brooklynpiper
Musicman
jmg81
OneStrangeOne
Rodo
chalaw87

Attachments

• 6vmnge.jpg
    6vmnge.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 0

Puffaluffaguss

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
Found this a few weeks back. Not sure what to do with it but didn't resist purchasing.

View attachment 180703
I knew I seen this before, I bought a new tin of 2017 CC from the kind fellow @maker recently so decided to dip into the stash I had saved from 2017, and sure enough i left the little note they put in the tin inside the Mason jar. When I opened it up, this guy was staring back at me lol. I though it was a photo of @jaytex1969, close but not quit. 20221112_173435.jpg

Attachments

• 20221112_173505.jpg
    20221112_173505.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 5
Status
Not open for further replies.