The (Un)Official PipesMagazine Secret Santa Thread 2022!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)

View attachment 179728

This link really needs to be included in the OP secret Santa post every year

Jul 17, 2017
NV
pencilandpipe.home.blog
This link really needs to be included in the OP secret Santa post every year
We actually need to have him tell it in front of a camera and include clips of reenactments with low budget actors that look nothing like the people in the story. It should be mandatory viewing with a quiz for everyone who signs up.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Yeah, about that. I never bother to reset my clocks. Why bother? And this whole standard VS daylight savings time? How stupid are we? Just split the difference instead of arguing over whether it's the large end or the small end of the egg. Reset by 1/2 hour, you brain donors. It's all completely arbitrary anyway.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Yeah, about that. I never bother to reset my clocks. Why bother? And this whole standard VS daylight savings time? How stupid are we? Just split the difference instead of arguing over whether it's the large end or the small end of the egg. Reset by 1/2 hour, you brain donors. It's all completely arbitrary anyway.
Brain donors? Lol
Might be ‘arbitrary’ to you boys in the states but to us in the UK, it’s a complete necessity. If it wasn’t for resetting the clocks, parts of Scotland wouldn’t see daylight until the afternoon! (slight exaggeration maybe).

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Brain donors? Lol
Might be ‘arbitrary’ to you boys in the states but to us in the UK, it’s a complete necessity. If it wasn’t for resetting the clocks, parts of Scotland wouldn’t see daylight until the afternoon! (slight exaggeration maybe).
Oh, we have that too. There's this part of the US called Canada Alaska, otherwise known as the "Land of the Midnight Sun", which already tells you a lot about the level of intelligence directed at this.

Scotland can just make up its own time zone to fit its needs, or not, poor things.

Why should zoning just be a matter of East/West when North/South are more strongly affected seasonally?

Status
Not open for further replies.