The (Un)Official PipesMagazine Secret Santa Thread 2022!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
OK I am going to give this another go. Let see if I get given the crazy that lives in Russia called Vlad something or other or that other odd ball who lives in Craplakistan. Maybe this year I'll luck out and get the dude who they based Sling Blade on from the PA Lunatic Asylum. I think my tastes are pretty well known, plugs but not crumble cakes, no goopy Aros and please nothing by John Cottons, War Horse or Fungal Slices. If you stick to Gawith blends in tins you won't go to far wrong with me. This is going to be amusing since I have an entire inventory of fun things to choose from as my SS gift to be sent out. Now let me see, what did I do with that 2lb tin of Clan?

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
This is interesting, the way we do this on the cigar forum is there is a “Santa” profile and when you are assigned your kid you can post a tread in the Santa’s Dungeon thread (logged in as Santa so your identity is secret) and post a ho ho ho come sit on Santa’s lap and tell me what you like little boy (or girl) and the fun follows as smart asses make suggestions and a good time is had by all but more importantly you can actually ask the person what they like instead of combing through a thread of memes.

Then when the gift arrives the lucky kid can just post in their specific thread a thank you and pics and everyone can reply in that kid’s thread. It’s a very good way to help insure wishes are met and the ribbing and good tidings flow.

Thoughts, @mikethompson ?

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
So, I've got a question.
What happens if the guy/gal I'm getting the gift for likes English blends, or something else that I don't have in my cellar.
I guess I could order from my preferred dealer and get something sent to him/her directly? Is that acceptable?
Of course, you aren't expected to have a cellar or have on hand something someone may like - definitely send directly or have it sent to you so you can wrap it and include a personal note if you like!

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
This is interesting, the way we do this on the cigar forum is there is a “Santa” profile and when you are assigned your kid you cam post a tread in the Santa’s Dungeon thread (logged in as Santa so your identity is secret) and post a ho ho ho come sit on Santa’s lap and tell me what you like little boy (or girl) and the fun follows as smart asses make suggestions and a good time is had by all but more importantly you can actually ask the person what they like instead of combing through a thread of memes, then when the gift arrives the lucky kid cam just post in that thread a thank you and pics and everyone can reply in that kid’s thread. It’s a very good way to help insure wishes are met and the ribbing and good tidings flow.

Thoughts?
Sounds fun!

But posting likes in the thread aren't necessary (I like seeing them just to see what different people enjoy) - if one fills out the form without their head up properly the listed preferences will come along with the "assignment". :)

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Sounds fun!

But posting likes in the thread aren't necessary (I like seeing them just to see what different people enjoy) - if one fills out the form without their head up properly the listed preferences will come along with the "assignment". :)
Well we use it for other things ppl will post mb they like tea or a favorite sports team etc., the bomb erm present can go beyond tobacco, it’s not a requirement to post a ho ho ho thread for your kid but it’s fun and ppl can make smartass suggestions “Santa he’s a raiders fan maybe he’d like some chiefs stuff s he can pretend he doesn’t follow a crap team” or he’s been bad definitely coal this year. Well was just how some other boards do it and tis the season for fun.

Reactions: HawkeyeLinus

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Whilst I'm not taking part, this does look like a fun thread to follow. Maybe I'll take part in the future though what you would buy a non-smoker will be interesting to see. Socks perhaps.

Hope you all get something nice and not coal.

Then again coal is quite an expensive and desirable product right now.
Well, if your mother sews socks that smell! And if anyone gets the reference please skip the pics, lol, I couldn't bring myself to post any in the Santa thread!

Reactions: Ryan

Puffaluffaguss

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
Whilst I'm not taking part, this does look like a fun thread to follow. Maybe I'll take part in the future though what you would buy a non-smoker will be interesting to see. Socks perhaps.

Hope you all get something nice and not coal.

Then again coal is quite an expensive and desirable product right now.
There is no pressure but I can guarantee you that if you signed up and all you could give is a pack of brigahm pipe cleaners that would be more then enough to make somebody's day.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
This is interesting, the way we do this on the cigar forum is there is a “Santa” profile and when you are assigned your kid you can post a tread in the Santa’s Dungeon thread (logged in as Santa so your identity is secret) and post a ho ho ho come sit on Santa’s lap and tell me what you like little boy (or girl) and the fun follows as smart asses make suggestions and a good time is had by all but more importantly you can actually ask the person what they like instead of combing through a thread of memes.

Then when the gift arrives the lucky kid can just post in their specific thread a thank you and pics and everyone can reply in that kid’s thread. It’s a very good way to help insure wishes are met and the ribbing and good tidings flow.

Thoughts, @mikethompson ?
This is a pipe forum. Yeah, we do it differently.
You’ll also get your recipients preferences when your match is emailed to you. But many people here enjoy doing some deep-dive detective work on their match, because they care a lot more than your average lazy, loudmouthed, bad-breathed cigar smoker. Not that there’s anything wrong with cigar smokers!

Michigan_Bill

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2021
Macomb County, Michigan
Ok, I signed up on the form. This was a lot of fun last year! It's going to be good. Thanks all! 😀

Btw I like Virginias, Englishes, VaPers, and so on. Presbyterian and Plum Pudding are among my favorites. Aromatics and Burleys not so much. But I know I’m still a newbie, so I’m always willing to try something new. Variety is the spice of life, that’s my motto!

Status
Not open for further replies.