The (Un)Official PipesMagazine Secret Santa Thread 2022!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
I’m really sorry that it turned out like that. I still feel bad that international shipping did that to us. Hopefully, this year, whoever gets your name will be able to get it to you faster.
You did your part (mail it), if someone else screws up not something you have to deal with or at least nothing you can do about it. I still very much enjoy the tobacco (I only opened the homegrown, it gets better!) and tamper you send and that's what this secret santa is about!

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
So, I've got a question.
What happens if the guy/gal I'm getting the gift for likes English blends, or something else that I don't have in my cellar.
I guess I could order from my preferred dealer and get something sent to him/her directly? Is that acceptable?
As my cellar at that time was second to none I investigated what @woodsroad liked from previous posts on the WAYS thread or from the TAD thread and dropshipped something to him, so yes that is perfectly acceptable. I think more people did it that way.

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
“Still trying to figure out how this thing works.” Dude, it’s real simple. Sometime in November, Santa will email you a name and address. You go into your tobacco cellar and find the rankest tobacco you own. Box it up, send to to the name/address Santa supplied. Then you sit back and enjoy the holidays knowing you did your part for world peace.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
“Still trying to figure out how this thing works.” Dude, it’s real simple. Sometime in November, Santa will email you a name and address. You go into your tobacco cellar and find the rankest tobacco you own. Box it up, send to to the name/address Santa supplied. Then you sit back and enjoy the holidays knowing you did your part for world peace.
OK. Fill out the form and wait for the marching order? Easy enough. Will get to it soon :)

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I'm in! Let the killing gifting begin.

The Secret Santa is one of those cherished traditions where members get to unload their unspeakable crap share their most cherished blends with dimwitted numbskulls who couldn't find their own ass with both hands their learned and honorable fellow members of this August forum.

It is a tradition of drunken wantonness thoughtful and deliberate victimization generosity, and I look forward to the expressions of terrified horror surprised pleasure as the targets recipients open their ticking packages.

As far as choice of tobacco? I prefer Virginia, Va/Bur/ or Va/Per. I'm not picky. As long as the offering trades at a minimum of $100 per 2oz tin, it will be acceptable. But $200 and up per tin is really the only socially acceptable threshold. You should be ashamed not to send me anything but the very best.

Last edited:

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Still trying to figure out how this thing works. Been here long enough, it might be fun.

It is incredibly complex and hard to explain, but we aim to make the thread at least moderately pleasing.

If you happen to be shipping from Canada, feel free to substitute a bag of ketchup chips for one of the tins of tobacco ;-)
Well Santa *is* watching

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
I have to admit I've been looking forward to this almost as soon as it ended last year, which was my initiation year. I must say that after seeing last years generosity from so many fronts, I'm stepping up my game. In a better position to do so and it will be a joy.

Please note, I only smoke 10 year Unobtainium that's been pressed between virgin thighs until, er, properly moist...

Nah, I prefer English & Orientals, enjoy VA's and derivatives thereof, and am adventurous enough to try basically anything. If I'm gifted something I've never heard of or seen before, that's fine. The gift will be accepted with the spirit of the season in which it was given.

Cheers

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I should mention that I'll be playing this stupid game engaging in heartfelt holiday generosity again this year. I think this will be my ninth year in hell season with all of you miscreants you, my dear friends.

I prefer anything that you pull out of the dumpster behind Tinderbox. Better yet if it has two week old coffee mixed with cigar ashes spilled on it. If you don't have a Tinderbox near you, something from the "smoke shop" (for those in free-trade states) will suffice. Otherwise, just raid you grandparent's meds cabinet for something that has a "Do not operate a motor vehicle or make important decisions while taking this medication" sticker on it.

As you were.

Peed-2.jpg

pipingfool

Can't Leave
Sep 29, 2016
Seattle, WA
Well, I signed up for my first year. I pity congratulate whoever I get assigned.

I really hope you like 16oz of 4 Aces Original soaked in last Saturday's leftover Natty Ice well aged Virginia Flakes.

I for one will smoke just about anything, but if we're talking about preferences, then I primarily smoke Virginia/Vapers and some Balkans. Very little Aros, but I'm not opposed if they aren't goopy.

Let the fun begin! Happy Puffing!

Status
Not open for further replies.