The (Un)Official PipesMagazine Secret Santa Thread 2022!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puffaluffaguss

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
And last but not least the gift that got me in my feels and had my wife and I flabbergasted by just the sheer artistry, time, and thought it took to create such a memorable gift. Jeff my friend you are a true talent and class act. It is a lovely Christmas gift but as a birthday gift it feels more sentimental to me. To be assured I feel it's quit the coincidence that I too put in an amount of effort into your gift similar to the amount of which you put into mine. I can't be more pleased or honored in fact to be the recipient of such a thoughtful and special gift. Many many thanks to you and your family and a merry Christmas and happy holidays from me and mine and I'll tell you right now I love Bayou Morning Flake, I cellerd it in abundance so this will remain in this condition for the rest of my days.

Attachments

• 20221217_204329.jpg
    20221217_204329.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 57
  • 20221217_204423.jpg
    20221217_204423.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 58
  • 20221219_171211.jpg
    20221219_171211.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 20221219_180802.jpg
    20221219_180802.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 20221219_180821.jpg
    20221219_180821.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 58
Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
And last but not least the gift that got me in my feels and had my wife and I flabbergasted by just the sheer artistry, time, and thought it took to create such a memorable gift. Jeff my friend you are a true talent and class act. It is a lovely Christmas gift but as a birthday gift it feels more sentimental to me. To be assured I feel it's quit the coincidence that I too put in an amount of effort into your gift similar to the amount of which you put into mine. I can't be more pleased or honored in fact to be the recipient of such a thoughtful and special gift. Many many thanks to you and your family and a merry Christmas and happy holidays from me and mine and I'll tell you right now I love Bayou Morning Flake, I cellerd it in abundance so this will remain in this condition for the rest of my days.
You’re most welcome! I meant to wish you Happy Birthday yesterday, so, Belated Happy Birthday today! As you might imagine, I had fun working on the Break Flake. I wanted to create something that might have meaning to you.

I hope you’ll make a briar pipe to take to work so that you don’t always have to use a cob (a pic when it’s done would be appreciated).

Your response makes me happy. I look forward to opening your box next week!

originalnutcracker

Can't Leave
Feb 26, 2018
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
That is absolutely brilliant!

Puffaluffaguss

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
Th
You’re most welcome! I meant to wish you Happy Birthday yesterday, so, Belated Happy Birthday today! As you might imagine, I had fun working on the Break Flake. I wanted to create something that might have meaning to you.

I hope you’ll make a briar pipe to take to work so that you don’t always have to use a cob (a pic when it’s done would be appreciated).

Your response makes me happy. I look forward to opening your box next week!
No words to explain how much I love the design. I couldn't have explained to you any better what I would like but you knew exactly how to make it more meaningful then I could have imagined. Believe me as soon as I get my workshop set up "again" it will be at the top of the briar I get too first. Thank you again so so much and I hope you understand that you made my birthday that much more memorable and that will never be forgotten and the name "Iron Monkey" shall be spoke of only highly in my presence (or online conversation)😂 💯👍👏🤘

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
The eagle has landed! It actually landed over the weekend but between work and family arriving in town I have not had a spare moment to take a pic or even spend any time on the forums.

And my secret Santa (who covered their tracks well. I have no idea who sent these!) hit it out of the park!
A tin of Capstan Blue
A tin of 8 state Burley
A tin of Presbyterian
A tin of Sams Flake
2 oz of Watch City Glass Slipper
AND
A bones pipe
A Missouri Meerschaum Cob
A “pipe life” pin
A Gawith and Hogarth tobacco tin
A Missouri Meerschaum koozie
And some nice pipe cleaners.
7BCE26CD-D197-4E7D-9416-320C59928F98.jpeg

I’m most excited about the sams and glass slipper, which I have not tried and are likely right up my Va/Or alley! Thank you SS, whomever you are! You did leave an address so once I figure out a name, watch out!

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Thought I’d share this here. Working on a Christmas card for my wife this evening. It’s inspired by the lyrics of her new favourite Xmas carol.

C8F8AA60-C003-436D-AF3C-C2539E38CBE7.jpeg

Here’s the song, and for those who have watched this but not the original Norwegian series, the OG is way better.

It’s been a pretty hard few years for our family, this year especially. However we remain grateful for the small joys - and that is one reason why stupid shit like 75% of the posts in this thread are so important.

Inspired by something @warren once posted, I’m going to write on the inside of the card, “The greenest pastures are covered with crap” Psalm 23:2.

huckleberry

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2017
Kentucky
Thought I’d share this here. Working on a Christmas card for my wife this evening. It’s inspired by the lyrics of her new favourite Xmas carol.

View attachment 188462

Here’s the song, and for those who have watched this but not the original Norwegian series, the OG is way better.

It’s been a pretty hard few years for our family, this year especially. However we remain grateful for the small joys - and that is one reason why stupid shit like 75% of the posts in this thread are so important.

Inspired by something @warren once posted, I’m going to write on the inside of the card, “The greenest pastures are covered with crap” Psalm 23:2.
Wow! I really like the picture of your card! I'm sure your wife will love it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.