The (Un)Official PipesMagazine Secret Santa Thread 2022!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amarkey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2022
Northeast MI
I am so horribly dissapointed to open my box and have no tooth shattering fruit cake, horse head( real or fake), stolen horse semen, explosive devices or dog shit. But rather a very fine selection of tobaccos, bourbon and some yummy looking sweets and a nice christmas card.
My not so secret santa you went far beyond and I am graciously humbled by your generosity and thoughtfulness.
My kids will have those cookies and sugar cake gone in a blink of an eye. Thank you again.
16711304384037958487138533681221.jpg

Jun 18, 2020
Wilmington, NC
Wow! Santa was very generous this year! Thank you so much! Four tobaccos, a travel cup, home-made cookies, and a card! I’m just overwhelmed. Can’t wait to dig in (to both the tobacco and the cookies).
View attachment 187432

The two with the suspect writing are Gawith and Hoggarth Bob's Chocolate Flake and their #25.
The Frog was purchased from a forum member!

Jun 18, 2020
Wilmington, NC
Wow! Santa was very generous this year! Thank you so much! Four tobaccos, a travel cup, home-made cookies, and a card! I’m just overwhelmed. Can’t wait to dig in (to both the tobacco and the cookies).
View attachment 187432

The two with the suspect writing are Gawith and Hoggarth Bob's Chocolate Flake and their #25.
The Frog was purchased from a forum member!

SBC

Lifer
Oct 6, 2021
NE Wisconsin
A few weeks ago, I informed @mikethompson that I'd be backing out of Secret Santa this year, as I'd learned that I have Hodgkin's lymphoma and was beginning chemotherapy.

I suppose that I could still have participated, but priorities shifted and my heart wasn't in it anymore (as maybe you can understand).

Well, Mike wasn't about to leave me out. He already had my address (from a previous kindness), and shipped out to my children some Canadian snacks (knowing that I'd grown up in Canada, but no longer had access to these goodies).

In corresponding about this, he said that if he could put a smile on my kids' faces during this difficult time, it was worth it to him.

Thanks, Mike. Now I have a picture to post this year, too.

Canadian Package.jpg

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
A few weeks ago, I informed @mikethompson that I'd be backing out of Secret Santa this year, as I'd learned that I have Hodgkin's lymphoma and was beginning chemotherapy.

I suppose that I could still have participated, but priorities shifted and my heart wasn't in it anymore (as maybe you can understand).

Well, Mike wasn't about to leave me out. He already had my address (from a previous kindness), and shipped out to my children some Canadian snacks (knowing that I'd grown up in Canada, but no longer had access to these goodies).

In corresponding about this, he said that if he could put a smile on my kids' faces during this difficult time, it was worth it to him.

View attachment 187458
🙏 🙏 🙏 ✌️ ✌️ ✌️

Tar Wheel

Lifer
May 23, 2020
Winston-Salem, North Carolina

View attachment 187458
My thoughts and prayers are with you. Stay strong!

Edit- That’s a beautiful thing there @mikethompson.

My secret Santa knocked it out of the park! A handmade sterling silver and malachite tamper, a homeblend containing periqued Semois, formers straight grain, Escudo, McCranies Red ribbon and a crazy cool Hawaii ashtray!

Thanks a million @cosmicfolklore, I'm truly humbled by your generosity!

View attachment 187457
Not to brag, but I grew that tobacco in Golden Compass (except for the semois, that was jitterbugdude’s thing). That’s truly a rare one. I’m glad you like it all. And, I hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii

View attachment 187458

I’m sad to hear this, I’m so sorry! 😢

Take care of yourself, get well! ❤️

05EBA365-DAFB-411C-8197-51E1B59F745C.jpeg

JJ_JJ_JJ_JJ

Can't Leave
Sep 13, 2022

View attachment 187458
1671144224556.png

Andre_T

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 17, 2018
Long Island, New York

View attachment 187458
(Looks it over...) No Smarties? I am disappointed in you Mike. /s

In all seriousness get better soon. We have enough sadness in our lives. As a group we could use a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.