The Self Gift of Christmas. What did You Get?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
Peck! Who's the maker?
It is a JT Cooke. I asked him to make me an old-fashioned poker some time back. Just got the e-mail that it was ready a few days ago, so it is kind of an unexpected Christmas present to myself.

briarpipeboiler

Might Stick Around
Feb 21, 2012
Louisville
stanwell-army-mount-red-19-smooth-1gif-599x600.jpg

So sweet.
Great pipe, SD.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Peck
That is one amazing looking pipe. The blast is really something-and it is distinctly recognizable as a J. T. Cooke
Hope it smokes well for you.
You other guys with Petersons', Rad's, Trypis' etc etc. and all of the cellaring going on
Good for all of you!

mtgallet

Might Stick Around
Nov 12, 2013
I pulled the trigger today and ended up with:

http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/peterson/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=130579

Along with:

-Three Nuns

-Orlik Golden Sliced

-Mississippi River

-Samuel Gawith Full Virginia Flake
Merry Christmas to me!

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I felt a little guilty about getting another pipe for myself, but you gentlemen has eased my sense of guilt, and plus no one else is going to get me a pipe, so I got this classic straight billiard, a Peterson Dublin Castle. Plus, it comes with a tin of University Flakes so I can try it out properly. It's sandblasted, is light enough to be a clencher, has a vulcanite mouthpiece and a silver band. What more can you ask if you want a traditional pipe? The pipe is on order and should arrive Friday.

billiard1.jpg

Oh, and ++1 to all you Molto Dolce fans--I thought I was the only one. I get a box of 15 tins every month.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Lol. Sure, if you have the money and space for it all. How do you need 15 tins a month of the same blend?

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I don't suffer from TAD; it's a bit expensive to experiment with different blends. I'm usually disappointed. So I have a rare flake, and sometimes some generous person will send me a sample of a blend I'm not familiar with. So for the most part I smoke Dolce which keeps peace in the house because of its pleasant room note and as a backup I keep a tub of Carter Hall available, but this takes much more time to go through. As for space, my study has plenty of bookshelves, and I have one shelf reserved for pipe accessories (pipe cleaners and so forth).

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
How many a month you mean? Probably about 10? Obviously I smoke a lot, more than is good for me I'm sure. But I'm something of a shut-in and don't spend much on myself, so pipe smoking is my only real vice. I rarely eat out, if I buy a DVD it's always an old used copy, same with CDs. And so on.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Oh. I just started ordering this amount recently because a shipping error left me without Dolce to smoke for two weeks, so I ordered so much so I wouldn't have to worry about having none and having a surplus. Right now I have 11 tins. Are you going to tell me I smoke too much?

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I had a $25 coupon at Aristocob.com so I ordered a Country Gentleman cob, a Diplomat Hardwood and a Morgan Nose Warmer cob, purchased a tin of Esoterica's Tilbury and Dorchester and signed up for Cigar International's Cigar of the Month Club (double decker).

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Nice gifts, everyone!
I picked up a Ponomarchuck nosewarmer smooth Dublin and two Jerry Crawford pipes, all from Smokers Haven. Also a pound each of St. James Flake and FVF from another forum. Don't care much for the FVF but it was part of the deal.
photo13_zpsf0071164.jpg

photo22_zpsb1a126fd.jpg

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
@mtgallet. That Ashford is a beauty!
@sparrow. Good choice! That Dublin Castle is a wonderful looking pipe!
@mrenglish. That's a fine lookin group of pipes you got there!
Congrats to all of you!

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
OMG, my new Peterson is arriving tomorrow. I've got a picture of it on my desk; that's how badly I want this pipe. My usual custom is to wait until midnight to break in a new pipe, but I don't know if I can hold off. BTW, what is the general opinion about Peterson University Flake? I'm getting that with the pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.