PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Mtlpiper

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2019
Montreal, QC
Mostly briars for me as that's what I've got - I lost my two meers in a move :-(.

I really did enjoy smoking the meers and will have to save up and get some new ones, but that's not happening any time soon.

95% briar though for sure and the very occasional cob.

64alex

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2016
80% Meer and Morta, 10% Clay, 5% Cob. I have only 1 briar I use for EM. New acquisitions will only on the meer/morta/clay.

Reactions: coyja and JOHN72

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Morta is interesting. I would like one in a very traditional shape made of Irish bog oak, but I probably couldn't afford it. It doesn't hurt to dream.
They’re not so badly priced as you might think. There are a lot of artisans working with this material that do not charge a premium for it like Morretti and Blandis:

This, of course, does depend on your budget.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
They’re not so badly priced as you might think. There are a lot of artisans working with this material that do not charge a premium for it like Morretti and Blandis:

This, of course, does depend on your budget.
I'd second the recommendation for Moretti pipes. Affordable and easily available on EBay.
If you don't find one you like, Marco will customise one for you at a reasonable cost.
He answers emails and your queries very promptly and his turnaround time is excellent.

Toast

Feb 15, 2021
UK
I don't have one, but Chacom did a morta which was very traditional (I don't know where the morta was sourced) & only moderately expensive. Not really my cup of tea but worth a look perhaps?

Reactions: JOHN72 and edger

Papamique

Mar 11, 2020
I just bought a bunch of meerschaum pipes to add to my already modest collection. I wish I wouldn’t have. My Sasieni briar pipes smoke as good, if not better than, my meers. So......

briar>cobs>clay>meerschaum