PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Ugh, I was afraid that this result was our true colors. And, it wasn't the goal tending to shoulder all of the blame.
But hey, the Pens got beat, so not a total loss this evening (and I heard on XM radio that Crosby went to the locker room in the 3rd). It was fun while it lasted. I had no hopes the Caps would have two games. As I said before the playoff's started, too old, too slow.

1652322888111.png

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Always cool to watch Ranger home games. MSG is the oldest arena in the league, outliving both Nassau Coliseum AND the Joe. Saddledome ain't far behind either, speaking of Calgary.
Never saw a hockey game there, but a number of concerts. It's a lot smaller in person, it's like sitting inside a giant ice cream cone, the angle is pretty steep down to the arena floor. It does have a special feel.

Reactions: Servant King

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Never saw a hockey game there, but a number of concerts. It's a lot smaller in person, it's like sitting inside a giant ice cream cone, the angle is pretty steep down to the arena floor. It does have a special feel.
I remember the old Capital Centre in Landover. My Kings would often get walloped there during their annual east coast swing. Ditto the Spectrum, Boston Garden and, of course, Civic Arena/Mellon Arena. Brutal, those road trips!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I remember the old Capital Centre in Landover. My Kings would often get walloped there during their annual east coast swing. Ditto the Spectrum, Boston Garden and, of course, Civic Arena/Mellon Arena. Brutal, those road trips!
Plenty of concerts there, including my first. It's now the Capital Shopping Centre. I was sad when it was demo'd and still get a bit melancholy every time I drive past.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
(and I heard on XM radio that Crosby went to the locker room in the 3rd
The 2nd actually. Not a coincidence the Rangers started scoring goals right afterwards. Pens shifted all their lines and couldn’t get a good attack going.

Likely a head injury based on the hit and Sullivan’s comments, as well as his history. No penalty of course.

Why do you hate the penguins so much? Just because historically they have dominated the Capitals so thoroughly in the playoffs? Or some other reason?

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Always cool to watch Ranger home games. MSG is the oldest arena in the league, outliving both Nassau Coliseum AND the Joe. Saddledome ain't far behind either, speaking of Calgary.
It definitely seems like an awesome environment. Would love to see a game there some day. Only one I’ve ever seen was in Tampa, and it was pretty mellow since the pens won 3-0. Got to watch two Alaskan boys skate in that game though which was cool. Swayman is an Anchorage kid playing goal for the Bruins right now. He has Alaska on the back of his helmet.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Why do you hate the penguins so much? Just because historically they have dominated the Capitals so thoroughly in the playoffs? Or some other reason?
Why else, right? Well, pretty much anything Pittsburgh, so equally the Steelers. My youngest wen to college in Pittsburgh, so four years of visits there was a lot of fun. The residsents in general, are not big fans of a guy wearing Ravens/Capitals gear.

pipingfool

Can't Leave
Sep 29, 2016
Seattle, WA
Well, I'm heading to what might be my very last Lightning game at Amalie Arena tonight. Been watching and cheering for the Bolts for over 20 years.

The family and I are moving to Seattle this summer because of a job promotion. So unless they pull off the tie and advance, this will be the last time I see them live until they play the Kraken again.

I know they can win two in a row (I've seen them do it), but it has just seemed impossible this series. They played well the other night, but just couldn't keep the Leafs at bay.

Let's Go Bolts! (x2)

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Why else, right? Well, pretty much anything Pittsburgh, so equally the Steelers. My youngest wen to college in Pittsburgh, so four years of visits there was a lot of fun. The residsents in general, are not big fans of a guy wearing Ravens/Capitals gear.
I suppose that's fair. Yeah, I've heard that about the Steelers/Ravens thing too. I wonder if that's just a hold over from the Ravens being the browns prior to moving? Or just a divisional thing. It's so interesting how rivalries appear in pro sports. I get it with college, as most of them are geographical rivalries.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Still hoping the Wild can pull it out...
So am I! I'd love to see the Wild (finally) make a deep run in the playoffs. I'm just trying to pick with my (often wrong) head and not my heart, making bold predictions, and hoping that seeming like a genius hockey guru is worth the risk of being proven totally wrong and made to look like a dumb idiot. DICE ROLL, BABY!

• Haha