PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
This morning as the rooster crows to herald another dawn, I’ve selected one of my perfect, beautiful Star Grade Lees and then decided I want to smoke a bowl of PS Luxury Navy Flake.

My Lee Three Star Author only held one slice of tobacco, just about two grams. There’s about 200 or so slices to a pound, which costs $40, or about twenty cents. The Lee will still be worth $30 when my trophies at last I lay down, no deprecation at all. But let’s suppose it’s good for 3,000 smokes, which works out to one penny per smoke.

After court this morning I’ll start in on Smoker’s pride candy flavored aromatics in my office, which cost about a dollar an ounce, or about seven cents a small bowl.

There are rich men in this world that smoke about ten twenty dollar Cuban cigars a day, or $200 worth of tobacco gone up in smoke.

I like my pipes just as well, and I can’t smoke two dollars a day, if I tried hard.

I have a friend who runs a butcher shop in a little town not too far away from Bug Tussle. A pound of good pork sausage is only $5.50 a pound, and he delivers it to my freezer in my Grade A milk barn and I leave him the money in the freezer.

You hear old men whine, complain, piss and moan about the high cost of living, and they’ve been at that all my life I can remember.

If you’re thrifty, living high on the hog is cheap.

My Yuban coffee only costs $3 a pound, and I never seem to run out buying 8 pounds a month.

Life’s too short to short yourself on the little luxuries like a good pipe and a hot cup of coffee.

And it doesn’t cost enough to make it worth worrying over.

I like to stack a flake of LNF with a flake of LTF and then twist them together and load into my pipe. LTF is too aromatic for me, and LNF is too blah by itself for my taste. But together, they remind me of the aromas I smell when I open a box of brand new cowboy boots. It is like a hint of a mens cologne and fresh leather. I call it a Cosmic Twist.

WVOldFart

Lifer
Sep 1, 2021
Eastern panhandle, WV
When I unexpectedly got sick this Spring and almost died it occurred to me if I didn't do the things I always wanted to do and enjoy the things I wanted NOW when exactly did I think I was going to do them. I sure wasn't going to do them after I died. So if you can afford it, do the things you want to, and go and get and enjoy the things you want, when you can, because tomorrow isn't promised to you.

SBC

Lifer
Oct 6, 2021
NE Wisconsin
I like to stack a flake of LNF with a flake of LTF and then twist them together and load into my pipe. LTF is too aromatic for me, and LNF is too blah by itself for my taste. But together, they remind me of the aromas I smell when I open a box of brand new cowboy boots. It is like a hint of a mens cologne and fresh leather. I call it a Cosmic Twist.
Cosmic, I am probably going to try this tonight. Thanks.

huckleberry

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2017
Kentucky
When I unexpectedly got sick this Spring and almost died it occurred to me if I didn't do the things I always wanted to do and enjoy the things I wanted NOW when exactly did I think I was going to do them. I sure wasn't going to do them after I died. So if you can afford it, do the things you want to, and go and get and enjoy the things you want, when you can, because tomorrow isn't promised to you.
@WVOldFart I know where you are coming from! I had a few nice things I was always saving for “Good”. The same thing happened to me, as happened to you. Now is my “Good”, so I’m not stashing anything away for my senior years…I’m there now, and trying to enjoy the things I have acquired over a lifetime. It was refreshing to read your post!

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
@MacMarty89 were Dutch, according to the world were supposed to be cheap.

The amount of vices I indulge is so low that I don't need to watch my spending on it within my budget. On stuff I use a lot I try to spend as little as possible which makes it possible to spend more on vices. So in a way your right, but there is no need for me to haggle on things I "want" as I allready do on things I "need".