PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
Looks like I dropped the ball on posting the updated list; it can be found here for your perusal. I've tried to criss-cross the country a little more this time, as opposed to simply starting on the East Coast and working back to the West. It also looks like the list will change a bit; a couple more people want to get involved and whatnot, as I get the updated list going I'll let everyone know.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Well, it arrived. As luck would have it, I was out on the porch enjoying a pipe (loaded with Tudor Castle) on an uncommonly warm Winnipeg day. The post man walked up, handed me a box and said "Here's your shoes!". Luckily, it wasn't surprise shoes, it was surprise tobacco!
Fellow winnipeg resident here Cgrd!! What do you mean uncommonly warm winnipeg day? Usually it's uncomfortably hot in the summer and freezing in the winter, spring and fall is my times of the year, and this year spring seems to be taking it's time to get here......

cgrd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
lol @ Andrew. It was last Monday, when it was +25c. But we should stop talking about the weather so when it snows again, we don't get the blame :twisted:
I forgot to add in my above post - I included a Dr. Grabow Duke. Before me, this estate had one previous owner. He smoked for about 10 years in the 1950s than gave it up. Until last summer, the pipe lived with its brothers & a pipe stand in a closet. I cleaned it up, removed the oxidization from the stem, reamed out the bowl, sterilized it and gave it a lot of elbow grease polish. I smoked it once and it's been idle since. I figured it could find a good home amongst the members here.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Awesome! The tracker says expected delivery by the 23rd, but hopefully the stagecoach doesn't get waylaid by galoots between Fort Garry and Bytown. :wink:
I will start pestering my mailman tomorrow anyways, he's used to it.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
The tracker says expected delivery by the 23rd, but hopefully the stagecoach doesn't get waylaid by galoots between Fort Garry and Bytown.
Based on Adam's list, it'll land with us galoots shortly after it's stint in Ottawa. Brian, Cavendish and I are way too excited about this. There has been a flurry of text messages and emails, and perhaps a meet-up in the offing.
Enjoy your alone time with the box Ghost.
-- Pat

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
@cgrd maybe next box past I'll get in and we can just meet up and do a double whammy, also we should compare stock and see if there's anything we'd like to trade, since we're both in the peg and all. I'll shoot you a pm and let you know what I have and let me know what you have, then see if we want to do some trading. Nice spread.... How's that danish black? I read the description of it and it sounded like a strong vanilla aro, I really haven't found an aro I like as all of them are just too mild for me.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
2 members, sitting at the forks, indubitably. why not? Highbrow discussion and good scotch, smoking jackets and slippers.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Just got a text from the wife at home, she says I just got a "box of shoes" delivered...Since I'm not due for my once per year clothes and/or shoe shopping, I believe that's the box pass waiting for me. 8)

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
You are off the hook my friend, the box is here! First open...

...and it hints at the contents...

That's all I'll reveal. I did see several baggies I recognized from the last round, so I'll make sure to take some of the older blends that are running low out. For the guys who get it later, as has been said already, don't feel bad about taking the last of something. Especially if you plan to add some more variety to the box. I have some nice treats to add from my cellar.
Now, I need some alone time with the box...

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Just sent the box, it's on the way to Smokeybear!
Tracking # is 0102 7800 0049 3855
Mailing list is in the box too, cheers!

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
Ebay Containers
Just a suggestion if this keeps on going on and on maybe we can switch to more suitable tobacco containers these are small and can fit up to 4oz's each i wouldn't mind buying a batch for the box pass if it keeps on going but its up to you guys it may add a little weight in the end but it will keep the baccy from drying out fast.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I think the containers are a good idea. The ziplocs do facilitate easier packing and are light, but some of the blends are approaching breakfast cereal-like crunchiness. I'd be willing to pay anlittle extra in shipping to keep the stuff fresher.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
You can even leave the Bach in the bags just put the bags in these containers idk let me know if you do decide I can grab twenty of them and ship it to whoever has the box if I don't get them in time

Status
Not open for further replies.