PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
So, this is black bean that's the size of kidney bean, not the black turtle bean. Right? Ones used in Jamaican bean and rice?

This is definitely the small ones. Inexpensive, grocery store, oblong-pea-sized l'il guys sold in a bag.

I forgot there even was a dried kidney-bean-sized version of blacks. (I use those in some Indian dishes, but haven't in a while so spaced it.)

Reactions: HawkeyeLinus

Puff nstuff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 2, 2021
Inland Southern California
Haha, making it Thursday because it will accompany a "tailgate" recipe I found from a friend (Mexican influenced beef and Fritos, of all things) that we'll be chowing down (probably with a Corona and lime) for Saturday night's football game! My wife loves a good black bean dish, as do I! This seemed a perfect companion dish. And, Saturday night we may hit 29 degrees and there will be a healthy and real fire going!
Sounds awesome! My unsolicited suggestion for even awesomer would be to step up your beer game if possible and go for Bohemia (for a lager) or better yet with the chilly weather, a Negra Modelo, which is a malty Vienna-style lager. Both are delicious and appropriate accompaniments to meal.

Reactions: HawkeyeLinus