PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
I never liked the idea of grouping "roll your own" tobacco in the same as pipe tobacco, which has been done to avoid the taxes, call it smooth tobacco, new tobacco or whatever you want, but as far as I'm concerned it's not the same as traditional pipe tobacco.

kelp

Lurker
Aug 9, 2012
They have absolutely done it to avoid taxes. It looks like we will have to pay for their decision, but hopefully not...

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
The problem is pipe smokers are about 2% of total tobacco users. We are only being targeted now because smokers in general have gone down enough in number of cigars and pipe users to allow them to lump every smoker together in the same class. This goes for the insurance companies too. Aromatics will be the first tobacco to be eliminated. Which sucks, I could live with no aro pipe tobacco, however my favorite cigar right now is an aromatic, which is just bliss in stick form (CAO Moontrance). Giving those up would be a sad sad day indeed for me. Since we are so few in number, it would take every single one of us petitioning to even have a small chance of winning. This is just not going to happen and there are no big businesses willing to stick their knecks out for us. But look on the bright side, weed will be legal everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.