PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I am not an aftershave type of guy. I have a few bottles kicking around by a London outfit that have been trying to make Brit's smell better since the 1790s. I remember Old Spice or as we used to call it 'Old Mice' and who could forget Brut 45 as advertised by Henry Cooper. I suppose back in the hey day of that stuff people in the 1960s had bath nights, usually on Wednesday and Sunday as opposed to daily ablutions so I suppose on a hot day on the Underground (Subway to our American friends) after shave was a must have addition.

AlabamaDan

Can't Leave
Dec 24, 2019
Alabama
If you take a bath daily (or more), almost always stay in a climate controlled environment, do very little (or none at all) physical labor, not stressed out to the extent when the body is releasing adrenaline, then you don’t have BO.

I do all that, but have to wear deodorant daily or I stink. As for aftershave, I use Pinaud Clubman and Old Spice. Just gave my teenage son Old Spice for Christmas and he likes it! He's used it every day for a week. :)

Reactions: rogers
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I use salt mineral block for deodorant. Organic and if you aren't doing manual labor where you sweat a lot, it works quite well. $12 lasts a year. Doesn't clog up your pores with that aluminum poison crap which is how antiperspirant actually works. No aftershave. I can't remember which cologne, my Daughter usually gets me a bottle for Father's Day or something. Some Designer stuff that smells good so it's fine by me.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
I do favor old school'wet shaving an as such obsolete person my favorite fragrances are Tabac Original,Old Spice Fresh Lime and Brut Original Green , telling the truth it started to seem me that younger fellers whom I know seem to despise these brands asking me why I'm buying that (sic!)old men shit, whereas men in their 50ies and up are still favoring these time tested classics, but I would suspect they are not the same product they used to be back in the 70ies

One more thing I
Missed - Wear natural fabrics which can breathe - i.e. Cotton, Pure Wool Varieties and possibly some of the varieties of silk. If that can not control, it is hormones.

I do all that, but have to wear deodorant daily or I stink. As for aftershave, I use Pinaud Clubman and Old Spice. Just gave my teenage son Old Spice for Christmas and he likes it! He's used it every day for a week. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.