PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

marrgery

Lurker
Apr 27, 2022
You know, I don't like to divide people into types and hang labels, but there's a lot of truth in what is written) In reality, most people online are similar to those described.

• Wow
Reactions: JOHN72

Egg Shen

Lifer
Nov 26, 2021
Pennsylvania
I forget which thread, but I saw a member resignation/thread suicide post on here the other day. It was pretty sweet, although probably not necessary

I like putting people in buckets, for fun of course. Stereotypes exist for a reason ?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I forget which thread, but I saw a member resignation/thread suicide post on here the other day. It was pretty sweet, although probably not necessary

I like putting people in buckets, for fun of course. Stereotypes exist for a reason ?
There was a thread on here not too long ago that nearly made me resign.

• Wow

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
We’re glad you thought of all of your followers before doing anything rash. ?
That's exactly why I nearly resigned. Other forums respect my wishes regarding following.

Really, Duane; sorry.

Could you kindly pm me a link to that thread. Is it still open?
It took a bit to find. Everyone that posted in it went onto my ignore list and the thread was nearly invisible.

• Wow
Reactions: JOHN72 and jpmcwjr
As best I can tell, with experimenting with the feature, following doesn't do anything. I have tested it on a couple of members, thinking that it might alert me in some way to their posts, but really it doesn't do anything. So, I wouldn't worry about it.
But, @Chasing Embers, I know what you mean. I had a guy that was posting snide things just after each of my posts, following me across several threads, and then after I complained to him, I got a notification that he was "following " me. It pissed me off. But, after testing it, I am not worried about it now. Maybe Kevin disabled that feature or something.

Reactions: JOHN72 and jpmcwjr
Czernobog GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Wow

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Read my signature.
I'm trying to make it so you can get rid of that damned thing!

As to being a compliment, when a person takes time and trouble to tweak you momentarily (24 hours), with a whole thread, it's a sign of adulation. (well, maybe). The op said he was a pal of yours. Correct or misrepresentation?

Post the names of the transgressors!

Alejo R.

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 13, 2020
Buenos Aires, Argentina.
I love this. They missed my category…expert on all things in life, respect my superior intelligence.
Expert on everything, sounds like my wife.
Are you washing the dishes? she passes by and tells you, knowingly and confidently, that you're doing them wrong. You're changing the piston rings on a 1979 Ford Falcon, she walks by and tells you, knowingly and confidently, that you're doing them wrong.

Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
Are you washing the dishes? she passes by and tells you, knowingly and confidently, that you're doing them wrong. You're changing the piston rings on a 1979 Ford Falcon, she walks by and tells you, knowingly and confidently, that you're doing them wrong.
Worse that God told her to tell you that you’re doing it wrong…..????

Reactions: Alejo R.
Early on, I had to set boundaries with Mrs Cosmic. She can ask me to do something OR she can tell me how to do something. But NEVER BOTH. Or, I will quickly just drop what it is that I am doing and walk away.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
As best I can tell, with experimenting with the feature, following doesn't do anything. I have tested it on a couple of members, thinking that it might alert me in some way to their posts, but really it doesn't do anything.
My son is a member here, I think he has one post. He follows me and he stated that it doesn't do anything. He also thought he would get alerts about my posts.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I had the forums very own home grown answer to 'Sling Blade' following me - it drove me nuts so I can relate totally to Duane on this whole situation. Now getting back on topic here is something to totally derail this thread. Its the new Swedish NATO contribution to mechanized warfare that should have the Russians shitting themselves.....

aqm9vEj_460s.jpg