PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
@Deathmetal- Dude, you're responding to a dogmatic political zealot. In their politico-religion, anyone who is not their candidate is the embodiment of evil, regardless of what they have or have not done. You're wasting your breath against the righteous fury of an unthinking fanatic who knows it all. Though he generally tries to pick fights by calling people pussies or with weird homoerotic "put your red dress on" references, he is clearly trying to bait you. Don't fall for it; remember, on this forum insulting people is OK, but responding to an insult is somehow considered bad form.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Now Death, don't get your feelings hurt, when the deviants around here complain to a moderator and this thread is shut down. Even though, you covered yourself and made this political neutral. :clap:

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
It was going well until the steaming pile aka post # 18 was laid down. Hopefully this great thread will live on as most everyone is coloring between the lines.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I'm sorry, Cosmic. I don't believe I mentioned anything about how the forum is moderated, or my feelings about it. In fact, I believe that would be a direct violation of forum rules. If you're speaking of the last line of my post, it was referring to the general culture of the forum, not the way the forum is moderated. Every group has its own customs and mores, and that is one of ours. If I had a beef with mod decisions, I wouldn't hesitate to follow the forum rules and take it up with the mods in private.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I can't see this ending well as Trump is a nonsmoker. Helping tobacco in today's society would be political suicide as well.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Both good points, but helping small business to stay in business is more popular than ever.
@Cosmic- No, you didn't come off as being heavy-handed. I just didn't want you to have the wrong impression of what I meant.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Dude, you're responding to a dogmatic political zealot.
Good point.
I am more thinking that it will be the default argument for people to claim that pipe smoking raises health care costs.
Luckily, we have some facts on that, and can also point out that bringing joy to life may increase life expectancy, or at least allow us to have peaceful deaths in our sleep instead of absorbing average $1.5m in health costs for end-of-life with a terminal condition.
Pipes and cigars are glorious.
I need to convince the golden-headed one of this, and if I have to walk to Washington smoking Royal Yacht nonstop, then that's what I'll do.
My response was lighthearted and an attempt at satire of righteous rage, but I think it failed.
The post is not intended to be political, except to encourage people to get out there and make themselves heard. We are a special interest group and they must hear our roar!
Best case scenario: he sends back a signed tin of Royal Yacht.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It's sure worth a try. DJT doesn't smoke or drink, so it would have to be the business angle that would get attention. However this is not something that will be attended by the White House, in all likelihood. It would probably be put off until a Secretary of Health and Human Services is appointed, and then would be run through them and prioritized. Sorry to be so wonky, but that's how it's done. Then it would depend on the interests of the Secretary as to whether it would be handled from FDA or, for some reason, brought to the White House's attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.