PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
"President Elect Donald J. Trump: Tell Us Your Story"
https://apply.ptt.gov/yourstory/
I have a few choice words about the FDA deeming rules...

katarn07

Might Stick Around
Mar 1, 2016
What are you all putting? I more very little about the new FDA regs and don't know what to say to "make America great again."

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I basically said how much enjoyment I get from my pipes and baccy and that the FDA Deeming Rules are too intrusive. Obviously I used more words and vowels.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Here was mine, or something like it:
Dear President Elect Trump,
You spoke about making America great again, and I think that this noble goal includes preserving the American institution of pipe and cigar smoking. These types of tobacco, which are not inhaled and do not increase mortality, bring happiness to the lives of many. However, the smaller firms that provide tobacco blends are under threat because of the new FDA deeming rules set into motion by President Obama in 2009. The higher regulatory cost of approval and testing will destroy these small firms, and ruin a pastime that Americans have enjoyed for generations. Please consider rescinding or limiting these new rules, and possibly reversing the 2007 era Obama taxes on tobacco which raise costs and reduce happiness while not reducing cancer rates. Thank you, A. Citizen
Too sappy?

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
The NYC Pipe Club is trying to reach R. Guliani, he's a cigar smoker, they're hoping to bend his ear and pass it on to the Donald.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
@ashdigger
I wish I'd simply consulted you for the text. Bet yours was more elegant.
@woodsroad
I hope he listens. It would seem consistent with some of the stuff he's said... thank you for the kind words.
@ssjones
I never had Rudy pegged as a cigar smoker, but maybe we should send him a pipe? Our goal is to convert people, after all...

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Me too, Ash. I'm trying to be better about not using swear words, but, uh... well, results are varied. Haha

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Deathmetal, I have to say this is the best thread idea I've seen in a long while. Thank you for posting the link.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Thanks all for participating! Let's make this "representative government" thing work for us!
And Royal Yacht, of course.

hakchuma

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2014
Michigan, USA
Can't wait to see the shit eating frowns on people's faces when he writes back and explains to you that you are a scurge of American health care costs and corporate insurance bottom line and will be dealt with accordingly.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
when he writes back and explains to you that you are a scurge of American health care costs and corporate insurance bottom line and will be dealt with accordingly.
If any such response comes, I will have a righteous reply.
Scorching, even.
The data/facts are in our favor. Pipe smoking does not kill people. Cigarettes? I can't taste as much delicious tobacco. Cigars and pipes are the future.
And if I have to, I'll dye myself orange and make the case. It will be yuge.

Status
Not open for further replies.