PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Papamique

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 11, 2020
I'm a coffee drinker and avoid caffeine late in the day. So I normally go with an herbal tea. One of those night time sleepy blends before bed most often. Usually with honey.
Same. At night I like chamomile or a fruit tea. I do occasionally have some black tea in the am but coffee is more available in my house in the AM

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian

elnoblecigarro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 27, 2020
I drink all kinds of tea: black, green, white and yellow. Only loose leaf tea for me. No milk or sugar allowed in my tea or coffee.

I like it on its own like coffee. Never drink them while smoking my pipe, only water.

Tobacco, tea and coffee are the holy trinity of flavors for me. I love them all. These are my treats.

Grovius

Might Stick Around
Sep 27, 2020
Tui, Galicia
Has anyone tried pairing smoking and rooibos? I recently saw it recommended for cigars, but I haven't been able to try it, as I can't get to my favorite tea shop due to the covid lockdown.

Reactions: Papamique

hairvise

Can't Leave
May 23, 2018
San Francisco
With a pipe, I would prefer a low grade whole leaf Nilgiri or Assam. Broken orange pekoe is the lowest grade of whole leaf; its the largest leaves that are lowest on the plant. It's not as dark as cut tear curl (CTC), or orthodox finings, but you get a flavorful and dark tea that is still complex like a higher grade, but not necessarily so delicate.

Da hong pao (red robe oolong) brewed in a gaiwan is also a regular go to.

Always black (no cream or sugar)
Big fan of the red robe oolong. I haven’t tried it with pipe smoking, but I could see how it could stand up on its own while smoking.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Builder's brew(Preferably made out of CTC type of loose leaf Assam or any other traditional British standard brands like Typhoo, Yorkshire enhanced by addition of milk,sugar sometimes even with a lemon slice and a dash of sweetened condensed milk

Reactions: edger

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Since I am from Azerbaijan and we have a famous region for growing tea (also tobacco) I enjoy their black tea with my pipes 90% of the time. The region is situated in south of the country and famous for its tea, tobacco, citrus fruits, rice, etc.
Does it have a name?

And when is Formula 1 coming to Baku?

smknron

Can't Leave
Sep 9, 2019
West Central Florida
Does anybody know what the good English teas are that I can find here in the states ? My ex was English and used to get tea sent over from my mother in law. I once bought some here in the US, but it was from a company I never heard of. The tea was ok, but nothing like the tea she used to get us.

brut666

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2020
Kent, "The Garden Of England"
Does anybody know what the good English teas are that I can find here in the states ? My ex was English and used to get tea sent over from my mother in law. I once bought some here in the US, but it was from a company I never heard of. The tea was ok, but nothing like the tea she used to get us.

Can you remember what brand she used to send you?

Reactions: smknron

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
Ok great, I'll try this place.
You won’t be sorry. Great place for tea from all over the British Isles. I’m partial to tea from Belfast: strong and malty. They also have Scottish teas that are blended for soft water! I use reverse osmosis water here in AZ as our tap water is very hard. Water matters when it comes to good tea.

Reactions: smknron

lightxmyfire

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2019
DMV Area
I enjoy oolong, specifically phoenix and Jin Xuan, both work well with latakia and VA's. I do also enjoy a good Irish breakfast from time to time. I'm a touch sensitive to the caffeine, so have to stay away from or take higher caffeine teas in moderation.

smknron

Can't Leave
Sep 9, 2019
West Central Florida
You won’t be sorry. Great place for tea from all over the British Isles. I’m partial to tea from Belfast: strong and malty. They also have Scottish teas that are blended for soft water! I use reverse osmosis water here in AZ as our tap water is very hard. Water matters when it comes to good tea.
I was just on the sight you recommended and I saw some of the brands my mother in law used to drink in England. You are spot on about the water when making a good cup. We also have the reverse osmosis. Where we live its a must. If we didn't have it, we would have bathrooms with concrete everywhere lol. I'm going to order some of the tea soon for sure thanks bud !