PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
Not sure how I missed out on this one. Been in every one until now. Oh well, such is life. Not having Internet at home can be a major pain.

mirain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2011
Here's the tamper for the exchange. I made it with Fimo and used a brass fitting for the business end.
tamper_xchange_zps0603fdf2.jpg

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Mirain,
Sorry, I ended the exchange this morning, before you posted your picture. If you want to exchange with me, PM me your address and I will send you another tamper I have made.
Winton

pipe8

Might Stick Around
Jan 3, 2013
sebastian, send me your email in a pm buddy! I don't know how to send messages 8O

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
My wife will mail out my packages tomorrow. Not the most reliable helper, but she sure can cook! Blueberry pancakes coming to the table soon.
Winton

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
After a long day of running errands I came home to a delicious smellin package awaiting me in my mailbox today.
Diptic_zpse5502dd9.jpg

In addition to the very nice tamper, which the photos don't do justice to, my exchange buddy included some "cushioning" which was more than appreciated.
I've really enjoyed this exchange and am already looking forward to the next one!

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I have received the packages from Mirain and ejames, since I did two exchanges. ejames included some really cool wood blanks for me to play with and Mirain included some great tobacco. I really like both tampers. ejames has a really high level of craftsmanship in his work. I wish you could hold the tamper that Mirain made. The contours just makes it feel great in the hand.
Anyway, once again, I have really enjoyed leading the tamper exchange. I enjoy seeing the craftsmanship and creativity that the members put into this endeavor. I will let someone else have the fun of organizing the next exchange.
Winton

swhipple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 2, 2011
Thanks for setting up the exchange Winton. I really enjoyed the exchange. Your effort is much appreciated!

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Got my tamper from Sebastion yesterday. Kinda chubby but feels good and works well. I love the color and sandblast finish!!

sebastian

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2013
Thanks for the compliment Ed. The tung oil finish brought the color and grain of the mahogany out pretty good i thought.

pipe8

Might Stick Around
Jan 3, 2013
It's been 3 weeks since CJ sent the tamper here to the UK and it still hasn't turned up :( How long does shipping normally take from USA to UK?

Never seen a 30-06 brass casing either :( I'm not holding much hope for it to turn up now though...

guhrillastile

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 29, 2013
I can't post picks as I'm on my phone but I will gladly jump into to ring and offer up one of my tampers to the next round. Any way to post a pic without hosting and linking?

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
guhrillastile, There is a post on the top of the forums describing how to post pictures.
This tamper exchange is finished. Something like this happens every six months or so. Whenever someone else wants to organize it.
Winton

Status
Not open for further replies.