PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Shaintiques, I know the feeling. I made my tamper and then started the exchange. I have been working about 72 hours per day since then. Slight exaggeration of course. Nice paycheck, but I really miss sleep.
Winton

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
With a week and a half left to go, we have five tampers with pictures. Feel free to jump into the fun. The exchange will end on Saturday pm 2/23.
Guess I better get my butt in gear! Haven't made one yet for the swap.Maybe the one I have on Briarbid won't sell and I can use that.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
mirain, to respond to your PM, feel free to join in to the exchange. You might not have 50 posts, but you have been around for over two years. I liked the metal tampers you showed on another thread.
Winton

swhipple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 2, 2011
Tampers_zps623d5ede.jpg

Here is a couple of tampers I'm working on. I'd like to be involved in the exchange.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Right now we have 6 people that have posted pictures of their tampers. The exchange will end on Saturday afternoon. Thus, there are a few days left. On Saturday I will post a list of everyone who is taking part. Each will send their tamper to the person below them on the list. The bottom person will send his tamper to the top person. You will be responsible to contact the person you will send the tamper to.

jonahtke

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2012
@EJames that is an awesome tamper! I love the built in "pick".
My only tamper at the moment is a keeper for me, it was made by another forum member and thrown in as a surprise bonus with a trade in my early days on the forum. I'll take some pictures when I get home!

sebastian

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2013
I wanna play too!!!
I guess I meet the requirements. I just finished mine today. It is lightly sandblasted mahogony with a full length .44 mag shell. I used the whole casing instead of cutting it down because it seems to work better for deeper bowls.
tamp2_zpsc926bad1.jpg

tamp1_zpse69216e4.jpg

tamp3_zps6cbc064c.jpg

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Sure Sebastian, you can join in. That is a very cool tamper. I have never seen one like it.

sebastian

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2013
Thanks guys! There are a bunch of cool tampers here. Glad to be a part of the fun.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Alright. I finally got a pic of mine. I got pissed when I put some adhesive inside and put the screw back in the bottom split. Hope its okay for you guys. After I calmed down I felt it wasn't too bad. No idea what kind of wood it is. Picked it up in the park next door.
DSC03256RS_zps47b6e103.jpg

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
OK, the exchange is now finished. Below is the list of the people who have posted pictures of tampers. Each person is to contact the person below them and ask for address, then send their tamper to them. The bottom person on the list will send their tamper to the top person. I sorted the list by when each person joined PM.com. If two people joined in the same month, I used alphabetical order.
ejames 10/2009

Winton 10/2010

eaglerico 1/2011

Uberam3rica 9/2011

swipple 11/2011

Greg 7/2012

cajundad 11/2012

Pipe8 1/2013

Sebastian 1/2013
Be sure to send out the tamper in a timely manner and let the giver know when it is arrived.
Eaglerico, please PM me with your address.

Status
Not open for further replies.