PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonutLuvr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 12, 2019
Butler County, Ohio
I placed two orders, one with SP and the other with BnBtobacco. My SP order arrived. Four days after I placed the BnB order I got a noticed that all the tins I tried to buy were “back ordered”

how on earth could it be back ordered when it was a new release? I ended up canceling that order with bnb and told them that was my first time ordering with them and my last.

I don’t have as many tins Of Cringle Flake I would like, but enough to age for a few years.

Reactions: bent1 and Jwebb90

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
This observation is based on only 1 bowl so it certainly is not complete. However, I really loved the 2019 version and it is one of my all time favorite blends. I was hoping that Sutliff was going to do a Christmas Cheer annual Red Virginia riff and, I have to admit, was a little disappointed by the inclusion of perique. That being said I found this to be enjoyable but not as good as 2019 (of course it is not in competition with last years blend as it is different). The flavor is good but it is missing that full on Vinegar assault which I thoroughly enjoy and which mellows as the bowl is smoked. This blend has much less tang and more dark fruit. The other thing I noticed is that, undoubtedly the perique, this blend is much stronger than 2019. I have been a pipe smoker for a long time and I rarely get nicotine affected. In fairness, I had not eaten very much and was eager to try this. I would suggest that a bit of food prior and something to drink during is advisable.

Happy Thanksgiving to all

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
This observation is based on only 1 bowl so it certainly is not complete. However, I really loved the 2019 version and it is one of my all time favorite blends. I was hoping that Sutliff was going to do a Christmas Cheer annual Red Virginia riff and, I have to admit, was a little disappointed by the inclusion of perique. That being said I found this to be enjoyable but not as good as 2019 (of course it is not in competition with last years blend as it is different). The flavor is good but it is missing that full on Vinegar assault which I thoroughly enjoy and which mellows as the bowl is smoked. This blend has much less tang and more dark fruit. The other thing I noticed is that, undoubtedly the perique, this blend is much stronger than 2019. I have been a pipe smoker for a long time and I rarely get nicotine affected. In fairness, I had not eaten very much and was eager to try this. I would suggest that a bit of food prior and something to drink during is advisable.

Happy Thanksgiving to all
Appreciate the insight.

I broke down and got a stack of 10. Hoping for good things, but I agree that expecting a replacement for Xmas Cheer is delusional with the addition of Perique. Still... Hoping for big things.

dochowl

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 30, 2020
Torrance, CA
I'm nearly half way through a tin of 2020 and this tobacco is legit. I'm loving it. Just wish they weren't only 1.5oz tins.

2019 is really good too... Very similar to the kbv byronic slices.

Reactions: dcon

Pit&Pipes

Can't Leave
Sep 29, 2020
OH-IO
I never got a call back from them...So, after another 45 mins on hold, I guess my order was flagged too but the previous guy never mentioned that or took the flag off...I’ve ordered more tobacco from them than I want my wife to know about and now I get flagged...:mad: And I lost my 6 Kringle Tinsin the process:mad::mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.