PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cohibajoe

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 2, 2018
Branchburg, NJ
SP, TP and Cup O' Joes at this time. Pickup 10 Tins as 2019 is Yummy...

Sutliff's Cringle Flake Holiday Edition 2020 presents a blend of blackened, 10-year-old Virginias with 17-year-old Perique. Given the individual vintages of each of these components, the mixture offers an exceptionally mature flavor right out of the tin, a deep richness similar in character to a 10-year-old Virginia/Perique. That maturity is further augmented by partially cavendishing the aged Virginias, steaming them for one hour before they're combined with the Perique and pressed into delicate flakes. Naturally sweet with a spicy, piquant character, the result is incredibly complex, with notes of stone fruits, earthy spice, and molasses dancing across the palate.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Bought 20 tins last night. Given the special nature of the components, like that aged Perique that Mark Ryan released a few years back, the best damned Perique I’ve ever smoked, I wasn’t going to screw around.
10 years of aging should have deepened the Red Virginia nicely.
I figure it will be a great smoke now, and meld nicely over time.

Jwebb90

Lifer
Feb 17, 2020
Ruse, Bulgaria
I have almost finished a tin and can say this reminds me of McC 2015. Not exact but damn close and I don't usually compare to McC because nothing is ever close. I will be cellaring this for sure.
You've almost finished a tin of the 2019 release or the 2020 release?

spicy_boiii

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 5, 2020
Bay Area, California
Bought 20 tins last night. Given the special nature of the components, like that aged Perique that Mark Ryan released a few years back, the best damned Perique I’ve ever smoked, I wasn’t going to screw around.
10 years of aging should have deepened the Red Virginia nicely.
I figure it will be a great smoke now, and meld nicely over time.

My thoughts exactly. As a Red VA and big Perique fan, I had no choice but to throw my wallet at this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.