Not open for further replies.

terry

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
The only otc blends that i've tried is CB and CH..not bad. :puffy:

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
Why does disliking OTC blends, and saying so, make you a snob?
It doesn't. If you read my post again I was referring to myself as a fly fishing snob. I, myself, don't care for 1792 flake but I admire those with an iron-lined stomach that like it.

It is when we put down others for enjoying something that we don't and accuse them of not having discernment...

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I don't believe I mentioned you as calling him a snob, but some other people did. :puffy:
I see as much reverse snobbery as I do snobbery around here. :D

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
I don't believe I mentioned you as calling him a snob, but some other people did. [:puffy:]
I see as much reverse snobbery as I do snobbery around here. [:D]
:roll:

mctrav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2012
Long Island
Actually no one person was named a snob... But I find it funny that everyone thought the same person.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I think we should all take bigvan out back and kick the shit out of him.
Every board needs it's resident snob, he is ours
Almost everybody draws a line somewhere, as to what they will and will not smoke. Drawing a line, and saying you won't smoke anything on the other side, does not make you a snob. Saying that people who do smoke those tobaccos are inferior would make you a snob.
I have tried a goodly number of codger burleys over the past few years, since I never smoked 'em when I started out. I haven't found one of 'em that was worth a revisit. And I wouldn't dream of trying Smoker's Pride, RYO cig tobacco relabeled as pipe tobacco to dodge taxes, and others of that ilk.
There's my line.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
When I refer to bigvan as being a snob, I hope people realize I am being facetious. I honestly believe he could care less what other people smoke and that I have not seen him purposely put someone down for their choice of tobacco. He speaks his mind and is not shy about his opinions, but I have never seen him go after one single person ever for their choice of tobacco.
If someone is actually bothered by what some other member is smoking or chooses to smoke on a regular basis, then that person has some serious issues and needs to look at themselves and figure out why that would bother them. We are here to talk about our favorites and have fun doing so. I don't take it personally if someone doesn't like a certain blend that I do. I say yeah, less competition.

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
If someone is actually bothered by what some other member is smoking or chooses to smoke on a regular basis, then that person has some serious issues and needs to look at themselves and figure out why that would bother them. We are here to talk about our favorites and have fun doing so. I don't take it personally if someone doesn't like a certain blend that I do. I say yeah, less competition.

+1 Harris
One exception is that is you don't think a MM Cob is the best pipe and CH the finest tobacco don't bother talking anymore JK LMFAO :crazy: :rofl:

mctrav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2012
Long Island
Cigrmaster, I haven't been here long enough to know each persons antics, yet I honestly didn't find anyone comment made by any person here snobbish, the thread did fall off topic a bit in its course. The whole point of this was to say that although I mainly smoke the higher quality tobacco, stonehaven and Penzance included, trying the OTC blends I found simplicity, which in itself, is a good thing.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
The whole point of this was to say that although I mainly smoke the higher quality tobacco, stonehaven and Penzance included, trying the OTC blends I found simplicity, which in itself, is a good thing.
I agree wholeheartedly. Simplicity, like complexity, can be good or bad -- even when you're talking about pipe tobaccos.

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
The poke at cob smokers goes back a year or more on the forum. I can't remember the principle parties any more, but it was all about a stab at folks who smoked cobs instead of Dunhills or whatever, I guess.
The guy who owns the corn cob club or whatever it is called got bent out of shape, the Dunhill guy got defended and ridiculed alternately, and I got a kick out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.