PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

PipeDad33

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 27, 2020
Kansas
I know from the month I have been here that most people don't like aromatic tobaccos. Now with that out of the way please suggest or name a few of your favorite aromatics that are not completely soaked in PG.

Thank you all in advance.

Reactions: JOHN72

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
I just got a couple ounces of Gawith Hoggarth Kentucky Nougat to try. It smells pretty tasty. It might displace Stokkebye Nougat for me as a favourite. If you’re into the dessert range of aromatics, it might be the way to go.

Totally different, but in the range of “Danish aromatics,” Mac Baren Scottish Mixture is my absolute favourite.

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
The best aromatics I've had are Mac Baren's Scottish Blend and Amphora Full Aroma.
The former is a blend of many tobacco varieties, toasted and cased and comes off complex and sweet. It does not have a distinct top flavor that I can discern, but leans towards honey or molasses plus the many tobaccos, burley, cavendish and kentucky being the most prominent.
Amphora Full is mostly a burley blend with top notes of some kind of berries and chocolate, mildly applied.

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
Dan devil's holiday (strong flavor and not goopy)
Dan Milonga (sweet caramel and tobacco)
Peretti Boston's Best Cavendish ( honey and tobacco)
Amphora full Aroma (surprisingly very good as i am not a burley lover)
Early autumn ( red virginia and maple. You will know almost immediately if you like it or not)

Reactions: PipeDad33

Cotton1

Can't Leave
Nov 3, 2020
South Carolina
I like all of Boswell blends I have tried to date.

Also try MM Great Dane out.

As far as what others around me think I would say CD Gentleman Caller, just know it's a Deertounge blend and similar to 382 mentioned already.

Reactions: PipeDad33

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Planta 2012 Marula fruit aromatic. This is a fruit that ferments and makes elephants inebriated.

Peter Stokkebye PS 2 Whiskey.

I'm not sure about the PG, but I like Sir Walter Raleigh aromatic, burley based with Virginia as a condiment and flavored with three liqueurs.

Mixture 79.

Erin Go Bragh flavored with Irish Whiskey.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Old School Aromatics;
Sam Gawiths 'Black Forest'. Natural tasting blend of tobacco & 'real' honey. Rather Nice!
Sam Gawiths 'Kendal Cream Flake'. Tastes like an autumnal walk through the heather & Kendal Mint Cake. Really rather nice!
Sam Gawiths 'RB' Plug. Gingerbread & Tobacco! What's not to like? Rather splendid & unique!
Danish/American style Aromatics:
Gawith Hoggarths American 'Black & Brown'. On the sweet side with molasses/treacle but a nice enough smoke.
W.O. Larsens 'Old Fashioned' 'Tradition' & one that I've forgotten the name of but comes in an 'Orange Tin' & has a lovely taste of almonds. Hopefully might be of some help to you.

Reactions: dcon and PipeDad33
Status
Not open for further replies.