PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Can’t be that dumb if he’s doing $80k pools. But there is an audit in his future.

What wasn’t reasonable about the bank?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If a security detail would make a lot of sense in transferring large sums, that's a good indication it should be transferred a different way. Otherwise it's spotters, snipers, an advance team. Not the way to do it, I don't think.

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
1 word to prevent muggings: Cryptocurrency. I don’t know if anyone really knows how it works, but it sounds very hard to find, let alone steal. If he was packing a smartphone full of Bitcoin he’d still have it. :D

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
What ever happened to safety in numbers. He should have had at least one other person with him, but two or three would have been better. Criminals are less likely to go after people in numbers. Won't stop them completely, but less likely.

bannyc9

Might Stick Around
Apr 1, 2018
I'm reminded of the old adage of "a locked door only keeps a honest man out". Criminals don't live by the morals or laws we do. This is just so sad, to bad for the money and the pipes...

johnnyiii

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2013
hertford nc
I wouldn't walk around Chicago with 40.00 bucks in my pocket.
GOD Bless him...hope he is insured. It couldn't replace..but could help.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Good luck collecting any insurance. Walking along the street with a knapsack full of "collectible" pipes and grabbing lunch with a knapsack full of "collectible" pipes. I suppose it would depend on the conditions for safekeeping as well as proven value and documentation required by the insurer. Rodrigo might get something or nothing. I'd be happily shocked if he got anything approaching the claimed values, or anything at all. The only good thing about any of this is that he wasn't injured.

sajgre

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 13, 2010
It is even sadder now that I know that it was a business being robbed.

He sold my pipes a few times before and was very professional. I hope he gets something back from insurance.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Woodsroad, yes. This does not make sense. Let's see, 1st, pack up a number of Uber expensive pipes, 2nd, go to bank alone to pick up some pocket change, 3rd - stop to eat lunch with said pocket change and pipes in one bag... 4th, get mugged with no witnesses around and lose everything. No leads in the case. He is either very unlucky and did not think things through or....

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
MtBsbv6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.