PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

dingdong

Can't Leave
Apr 2, 2024
Jakarta, Indonesia
Hola desde Finland-Northern Europe, that sounds like descent place to live for any pipe & cigar smokers who may like warm weather and friendly people , now, do they sell what international brands of pipe tobaccies out there?
Hi Paul, i get most imported (by a friend) from US. So yes you can get tobaccos and pipes in here. Its more difficult to import from Euro area, i think - hence the US as primary source. People are generally friendly (not all 280 million of them puffy ) and weather is sunny all year, with some heavy rainy season. You can try take a trip to most South East Asia countries - Thailand, Cambodia, Indonesia, Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia,Phillipines..

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Hi Paul, i get most imported (by a friend) from US. So yes you can get tobaccos and pipes in here. Its more difficult to import from Euro area, i think - hence the US as primary source. People are generally friendly (not all 280 million of them puffy ) and weather is sunny all year, with some heavy rainy season. You can try take a trip to most South East Asia countries - Thailand, Cambodia, Indonesia, Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia,Phillipines..
I meant are there licenced tobacconists or other outlets who sell imported pipe tobaccos,pipes & cigars and other tobacco products?

dingdong

Can't Leave
Apr 2, 2024
Jakarta, Indonesia

Choatecav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 19, 2023
Middle Tennessee
Same here, getting older and feeling it.
Y'all are destroying my mental images of some of you.....

Here I've been envisioning "Chasing Embers" as this sage old "yoda" kinda dude with long white hair and sitting cross legged in a cave, on top of a mountain, in Tibet, waiting for some young climber to arrive and ask him what is the meaning of life...... and then I see a picture of him with about a half-dozen meers hanging out of his mouth and find that he is into crystal skulls and skateboarding......!

I may never come on the forum again cuz I have no "anchor in the time of storms."

I'm just gonna end it all, I suppose..........:rolleyes:

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row” Richmond Virginia USA
Y'all are destroying my mental images of some of you.....

Here I've been envisioning "Chasing Embers" as this sage old "yoda" kinda dude with long white hair and sitting cross legged in a cave, on top of a mountain, in Tibet, waiting for some young climber to arrive and ask him what is the meaning of life...... and then I see a picture of him with about a half-dozen meers hanging out of his mouth and find that he is into crystal skulls and skateboarding......!

I may never come on the forum again cuz I have no "anchor in the time of storms."

I'm just gonna end it all, I suppose..........:rolleyes:
Damn😂 Sprayed my coffee😂
1721486263352.jpeg

christoffer

Lurker
Feb 5, 2024
Sweden
I smoke pipes in public, a also am a dog owner so i tend get noticed while walking him. In sweden pipe smoking is for some reason associated with hasch smoking, but since i dont walk around excersising my dog while smoking cannabis i dont realt care what others may think. But to make it obvious to strangers that im not some creepy dude that eats children or something, I also wear a hat, even though im not even 40 years old.. i would recommend it to everyone, so stylish. Dont know why or when people stopped using hats? There awesome! 😅

Reactions: Choatecav

Choatecav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 19, 2023
Middle Tennessee
I smoke pipes in public, a also am a dog owner so i tend get noticed while walking him. In sweden pipe smoking is for some reason associated with hasch smoking, but since i dont walk around excersising my dog while smoking cannabis i dont realt care what others may think. But to make it obvious to strangers that im not some creepy dude that eats children or something, I also wear a hat, even though im not even 40 years old.. i would recommend it to everyone, so stylish. Dont know why or when people stopped using hats? There awesome! 😅

I completely agree with you on the hats. I wear a broad brim hat with some frequency and wish the style would return. Also, for women. I love women in hats. We go to the Ky Derby in Louisville, KY. each May and it is so wonderful to see all of the beautiful women in hats.

As to smoking a pipe in public, I do occasionally, but it is rare. I mostly smoke alone. I actually would venture to guess that most of us on this forum have more than our share of the "loner" gene in our DNA.

InWithBothFeet

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 23, 2024
Richmond, KY
A lot of folk wear ball caps, even indoors. I don't get it. I asked a cap wearing dude at work who was indoors and trying to see down a dark hole if the sun was in his eyes. He didn't have an explanation for the brimmed ball cap inside. LOL

christoffer

Lurker
Feb 5, 2024
Sweden
I completely agree with you on the hats. I wear a broad brim hat with some frequency and wish the style would return. Also, for women. I love women in hats. We go to the Ky Derby in Louisville, KY. each May and it is so wonderful to see all of the beautiful women in hats.

As to smoking a pipe in public, I do occasionally, but it is rare. I mostly smoke alone. I actually would venture to guess that most of us on this forum have more than our share of the "loner" gene in our DNA.
I wouldnt go as fas as aaying im a loner.. theres just not enough people that can stand me for any longer period of time 😅 but i do enjoy my own company, everybody shuld be comfortable just being by them self and no electronic stimulation, atleast får a couple of days. But honestly i dont think most people know how much there wellbeing depends on some kind of computer.

christoffer

Lurker
Feb 5, 2024
Sweden
A lot of folk wear ball caps, even indoors. I don't get it. I asked a cap wearing dude at work who was indoors and trying to see down a dark hole if the sun was in his eyes. He didn't have an explanation for the brimmed ball cap inside. LOL
Witch is kind of a hat but no. Its definitely not a hat. Besides, all of them look the same.. booring

InWithBothFeet

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 23, 2024
Richmond, KY
I wouldn't go as far as saying I'm a loner.. there's just not enough people that can stand me for any longer period of time 😅 but I do enjoy my own company. Everybody should be comfortable just being by themselves and no electronic stimulation at least for a couple of days. But honestly I don't think most people know how much their well being depends on some kind of computer.
I like company, but the kind of company that I can turn off and walk away from without having to come up with an excuse... or travel. I need an AI companion that has all the information of the internet at its disposal and that I can put on recharge if it gets mouthy.

christoffer

Lurker
Feb 5, 2024
Sweden
I like company, but the kind of company that I can turn off and walk away from without having to come up with an excuse... or travel. I need an AI companion that has all the information of the internet at its disposal and that I can put on recharge if it gets mouthy.
They are rare but there is actual people that will get you and dont have any problem with that.. aslong as you atleast say something before you leave 😅

Pic talen just a few seconds ago btw.
HELLO MY NAME IS CHRISTOFFER AND I WOULD LIKE TO BE ANONYMOUS!!
20240721_190925.jpg