Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
I’m a solitary pipe smoker. Not to mention that I don’t know anyone personally that smokes a pipe in my general orbit. When I smoke a pipe I relax with a cup of ☕️ or fresh iced tea with 🍋 & do absolutely nothing but chill with my thoughts.

I also don’t think I’d find smoking a pipe with company appealing as I’d have to converse and be distracted from the smoking of it.

Jul 7, 2024
Chicago USA
Alone with my thoughts, most of the time. I’ll light up an aromatic on the patio when we have company if I’m able to move away a bit. My brother in law is a cigar smoker and we’ll smoke together usually once on a weekend evening. My brother lives about an hour away and is an occasional pipe smoker (has been since he was 20 - how about that!) and we will smoke a pipe bowl or two every now and again and share tobaccos we enjoy with each other.

But I do like my solitary pipe time ☺️. My work life is incredibly hectic and stressful (admittedly I look for jobs like that…) so winding down in the evening with a pipe and my thoughts or some music is therapeutic.

ClinchKnot

Lurker
Jul 3, 2023
Virginia
First place I lived as a pipe smoker there was a great tobacco shop nearby that hosted a crew of friendly pipe smokers and I stopped there every day to smoke with them.

Then I moved and the tobacco shop near me had a pipe club, but I couldn’t stand a few those guys so I stopped going there except to buy.

Now I smoke alone or on Zoom calls with other pipe smokers - extremely little in person. My current town has a good tobacconist but only cigar smokers seem to actually hang out there.

Aug 1, 2012
USA
Hate to be that guy but that would include dairy, eggs, and other animal products. I think this should say "vegetarian".

Incidentally, I smoke aty local lounge frequently. However, if I'm trying a new blend and need some focus, I'll do that alone.

Edit: I also smoke with my cousin whenever I can. He's a lot wiser than me even though he's younger.

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
I enjoy my alone time with a pipe for contemplation, decompressing, or brainlessness.

Although, I have slowly started getting a friend to try and he seems to enjoy it on the few occasions we meet up (as I keep my circle short and neat while restrained for time with social interaction).

username

Lifer
Dec 24, 2014
Tucson Az
I tend to smoke at home most of the time. However I dont know if it counts being alone as im smoking while browsing the forums,chatting with friends on discord etc. I also like to smoke at the pipe club when I the chance to make it up there.

litup

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2015
Sacramento, CA
28 out of 30 days in a typical month I smoke alone. But I enjoy smoking with the guys in my pipe and Scotch clubs and when I go to pipe shows, sitting around the table and smoking with people can be an enriching experience.
suspect that for most men, smoking alone is just easier because of our lifestyles. I don't have the time or energy to carve out time to go somewhere and smoke with other people. Besides that, public places where you can smoke with others is becoming harder and harder to find.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
suspect that for most men, smoking alone is just easier because of our lifestyles. I don't have the time or energy to carve out time to go somewhere and smoke with other people.
When I've been around others, the conversations almost always drift to politics, religion, sports, cars, family woes, guns, or sex. Too mind numbing for me to interact with.

If I am going to smoke in a social situation, I would prefer a cigar. Taking a pipe out of my mouth to talk or respond to questions is just a distraction from my smoking. Whereas, a cigar doesn't require the constant breath to keep it smoldering like a pipe does.
And, when I see guys light up a pipe while being social at lounges, they aren't really smoking that pipe in a way that can really be enjoyed. Or, if just waving it around and constantly relighting in their gig, then more power to them.