So You Can't Talk About Eating Crickets or The 2nd Amendment?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

36 Fresh Estate Pipes
2 Fresh Former Pipes
6 Fresh Castello Pipes
New Cigars
36 Fresh Ropp Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I understand your point...we do have a great conversations anyways but if once in a blue moon somebody says something close to be a political subject and thread is shut down even it turns away from politics in a few posts afterwards I do not get it...Nobody wants meltdowns as happened years ago..Its preventable..politics is part of everyday life most of subjects includes it so why to be so restrictive..
A few posts after that it can turn back on that one post and wars break out. Cutting it in the bud keeps the forum gears turning.

NC TX ID pipeman

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 25, 2021
North Carolina,Texas,Idaho
It's a pipe forum, not a TED conference. It's also a commercial site whose owner spends a lot of time and money on keeping it up to date and makes his living from it. The only thing "wrong" with America in this instance is an undeserved sense of entitlement.
I got that.. i understand he owns the rights and all that..and apreciate his work putting it all together...But would it take that much efford to be more tolerable and less restrictive?For God's sake we are in America .....

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I got that.. i understand he owns the rights and all that..and apreciate his work putting it all together...But would it take that much efford to be more tolerable and less restrictive?For God's sake we are in America .....
It would be nice, but it hasn't worked out that way. It's a shame that a few intemperate individuals make it difficult to maintain. We have had a few threads which had political content, and the mods let them alone until some knucklehead decided to throw a bomb.

rmpeeps

Lifer
Oct 17, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Just looked at the cricket thread and can see why it got the hook. WTF? Personaly I figure I get enough insects and rodent hairs in my hot dogs.
From the article:
Mr Banks said the powder can be added to bread, energy bars and protein shakes while whole crickets, served as a party snack, are a "bit of a conversation starter".

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
Oddly enough, four pages in, this thread has demonstrated that conversation can occur without the need to go the full Funk.

Now what was so damned offensive about me stating the fact that billionaires want me and you to eat crickets.. It was a thread about eating crickets. I don't know how wealthy you are, so I'm assuming they want me to eat them with greater passion...

I love all y'all, I really do.. But sometimes I wonder things like:

* How are these guys soo old and still so sensitive? For me the sensitivity wore off, it really started when I developed callouses on my hands. It never was the same after that, I tried lotion, lube, everything. So I ended up with a wife..

*Thank God this isn't a ted talk.. That's where the cricket pushers hang out. That cricket thread was in general discussion! That explains why it wasn't about pipes.. That british fella doesn't smoke, the thread starter, he's just a mostly cool guy who brings up inciting but interesting conversation.

And just remember, Funkerhouser loves you very much.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Jesse summarized the issue about four pages back. Some topics just lead to arguments. Take it to Facebook, or Twitter and knock yourselves out. The OP here was one click away this morning from a permanent ban. Don't make me do it.

There were several "free for all" pipe forums out there. I'd say join one, but I believe that they all folded.

This forum is unique in that it is funded by sponsors, so anything goes doesn't work.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
I see not a lot has changed in my absence ?.

Just to add a couple of points.

#1) As per Rule 11:

11. Do Not Publicly Dispute Moderation Decisions

Do not post on the forums questioning moderation decisions or the integrity of the moderators. Questions about moderation decisions can be addressed in private conversation with the moderators. Be respectful of the moderators, both in the forums and in any private communications.

If you disagree with a specific decision made by a moderator, please start a 'Conversation' with any one of the moderators to discuss this decision privately. While we can not discuss confidential matters, we can discuss why a decision was made based on the Forum Rules.

Disputing a Moderation decision in the middle of a thread is not permitted because this derails the thread and is not fair to those wanting to discuss the topic at hand. Publicly discussing Moderation decisions is not appropriate because there are almost invariably issues of confidentiality and privileged information which make such discussions impractical. Moderators are almost always in possession of information about Moderation matters, including private Conversations with the members concerned, which they cannot discuss publicly with members. Public disputes regarding Moderation decisions can achieve little more than disharmony, distress to other members, and damage to the image and reputation of the forums.
Please remember that our moderators commit a great deal of their time and energy on a voluntary basis in order to help keep the forums running smoothly and maintain a peaceful and positive environment for all our members. Moderators welcome private

Conversations with your suggestions, ideas, questions, comments and even constructive criticism, but disrespectful commentary towards the moderators will not be tolerated and will be treated like any other form of personal attack.

So, considering that the OP is not currently banned, I guess we do have tolerance and are not really Nazi's? ?

And
#2)

As much I like this forum it is the most censored forums I am following..

And that is precisely why PipesMagazine is THE LONGEST running ACTIVE pipe site and forum on the internet. Take a look around, I'm sure that nobody will find another pipe forum/site that has been constantly active for over a decade and still going.

Unfortunately people on internet forums need to be moderated. We all wish that this wasn't true, but it is.

That's all from me for now.

✌️ Peace Out.

Status
Not open for further replies.