So You Can't Talk About Eating Crickets or The 2nd Amendment?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

36 Fresh Brigham Pipes
60 Fresh Neerup Pipes
12 Fresh Claudio Cavicchi Pipes
3 Fresh Bill Shalosky Pipes
36 Fresh Estate Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer

sablebrush52 said:
It's a pipe forum, not a TED conference. It's also a commercial site whose owner spends a lot of time and money on keeping it up to date and makes his living from it. The only thing "wrong" with America in this instance is an undeserved sense of entitlement.

To which @rmpeeps: replied

Undeserved??!!
Rights are rights.

To which I ask, "Are you suggesting that when Jesse states the owner owns the site and uses it as his source of income, you, an unpaying user, have a "right" to post what you want?

Because you do understand and do know, "Of course you do" that Jesse is NOT referring to either the 1st or 2nd amendment but rather to the property rights guaranteed the owner of this site.

NC TX ID pipeman

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 25, 2021
North Carolina,Texas,Idaho
Yes it is and because of that, for the most part, we can have great conversations about tobacco and our pipes. In peace without meltdowns.
I understand your point...we do have a great conversations anyways but if once in a blue moon somebody says something close to be a political subject and thread is shut down even it turns away from politics in a few posts afterwards I do not get it...Nobody wants meltdowns as happened years ago..Its preventable..politics is part of everyday life most of subjects includes it so why to be so restrictive..

rmpeeps

Lifer
Oct 17, 2017
San Antonio, TX
We know you're aware that you're confusing rights with privileges. The only rights we have on this forum are the ones granted when we accepted the terms of service so that we could join the forum. Our privilege to post may be interrupted when we violate those terms.
Sorry but @sablebrush52 mentioned the following,
“The only thing "wrong" with America in this instance is an undeserved sense of entitlement.”
I believe that goes beyond your TOS statement.
Well beyond.

Aug 1, 2012
Sorry but @sablebrush52 mentioned the following,
“The only thing "wrong" with America in this instance is an undeserved sense of entitlement.”
I believe that goes beyond your TOS statement.
Well beyond.
The entitlement he is referencing is that there are members who believe they have the right to post whatever they wish and not be called on it regardless of whether it's against the TOS.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I understand your point...we do have a great conversations anyways but if once in a blue moon somebody says something close to be a political subject and thread is shut down even it turns away from politics in a few posts afterwards I do not get it...Nobody wants meltdowns as happened years ago..Its preventable..politics is part of everyday life most of subjects includes it so why to be so restrictive..
It's Kevin's site and his rules. Simple as that.

NC TX ID pipeman

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 25, 2021
North Carolina,Texas,Idaho
Wrong...

Watch this....

I have a CCW permit issued by the State of California so I can protect my pipes while I smoke tobacco that burns and excretes various fumes, some of which are gas, which, like gas everywhere, tends to be lighter than air, and because of this fact, rises high into the atmosphere.

I am absolutely positive that no one will lock the thread on account of what I just stated.
it aint gona take too long and you will need emission test for your pipes in you your lovely state of plenty of sunshine..

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
The easiest way to do what you are suggesting is to state something as follows...

"In my opinion, asking the public to source their protein from crickets rather than meat is a rather curious thing to ask people to do, when what is really being asked is to focus more on global warming. I see this as a false equivalency. Does anyone else feel this way?"

Instead of stating something along the following lines...

"Those assholes who say eat crickets instead of meat are the same jerks trying to create a fascist state where everyone is Lola from the Kinks....(get it, boys will be girls and girls will be boys).

It's how we phrase things, not exactly what we phrase.

• Love
Reactions: beefeater33

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
The entitlement he is referencing is that there are members who believe they have the right to post whatever they wish and not be called on it regardless of whether it's against the TOS.
Correct. People like to try to get around the ban by invoking innuendo or misdirection, as if nobody will notice. I have no idea what crickets have to do with anything, but from what Logs wrote, the comments getting generated were the cause of the closure.

For reasons I don't understand, the "What Are You Watching" thread got shut down and I restarted it. So far, so good.

Politics is a part of life, though much of it is expressed as rants these days. I'm happy to have a respite from it.

That said, legislation related to pipes and tobaccos is permitted as long as nobody uses the thread to proclaim a political manifesto.

rmpeeps

Lifer
Oct 17, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Correct. People like to try to get around the ban by invoking innuendo or misdirection, as if nobody will notice. I have no idea what crickets have to do with anything, but from what Logs wrote, the comments getting generated were the cause of the closure.

For reasons I don't understand, the "What Are You Watching" thread got shut down and I restarted it. So far, so good.

Politics is a part of life, though much of it is expressed as rants these days. I'm happy to have a respite from it.

That said, legislation related to pipes and tobaccos is permitted as long as nobody uses the thread to proclaim a political manifesto.
Really?
TED conference was not a misdirection, or whatever?

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy
Status
Not open for further replies.