So You Can't Talk About Eating Crickets or The 2nd Amendment?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akousticplyr

Lifer
Oct 12, 2019
Florida Panhandle
Preemptive

d8c.gif

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
What happened is that about 9 years ago a number of members who evidently showed about as much self control as the average 2 year, got into a heated political chimp fight which resulted in an epic explosion that lost this forum dozens of members, either through banning, or basically telling each other to fuck off and die.

Pretty much came close to shutting the site down. And it took months for it to recover

Since then, political discussion has been banned. It's a pipe forum. There are plenty of other sites where you can share your lamentable ideological crap. It's not for here.

If you want to engage in a pipe forum with political content, take the risk and set it up. I participated in underwriting one such attempt and it devolved into a complete shit show, so I pulled the financial plug on it.

Boo hoo.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
What happened is that about 9 years ago a number of members who evidently showed about as much self control as the average 2 year, got into a heated political chimp fight which resulted in an epic explosion that lost this forum dozens of members, either through banning, or basically telling each other to fuck off and die.

Pretty much came close to shutting the site down. And it took months for it to recover

Since then, political discussion has been banned. It's a pipe forum. There are plenty of other sites where you can share your lamentable ideological crap. It's not for here.

If you want to engage in a pipe forum with political content, take the risk and set it up. I participated in underwriting one such attempt and it devolved into a complete shit show, so I pulled the financial plug on it.

Boo hoo.
Yes, I understand.......... but we were talking about eating crickets.......... how is that forbidden or taboo?......

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
In Cambodia I saw people eat crickets.

I live in Southern California and have had a CCW for over 8 years.

The Supreme Court did nothing today that was not consistent with what most states have already done.

I worry that I may have started the first signs of a burnout in one of my favorite pipes. I have a rule not to smoke in a car with a draft. I broke that rule.

I was driving through the desert late at night and was hungry. There was nothing to eat but crickets. So I lit up my pipe to quench the hunger.

Perhaps I should have pulled over and used the pistol I was carrying for target practice.

Nothing political to see here.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
Yes, I understand.......... but we were talking about eating crickets.......... how is that forbidden or taboo?......
I went back and read the posts. I don't think the subject was really about crickets. Do you?

For example, pretend I said, "I really hate the Prius. It makes me think of all of those jackass Ivory Tower types who want to take away all of my freedoms because they can't wait to mind control the world."

Am I really discussing Toyotas?

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
I went back and read the posts. I don't think the subject was really about crickets. Do you?

For example, pretend I said, "I really hate the Prius. It makes me think of all of those jackass Ivory Tower types who want to take away all of my freedoms because they can't wait to mind control the world."

Am I really discussing Toyotas?
No, you are talking Acuras there, not Toyotas.........

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy
Status
Not open for further replies.