So, Who has been Hoarding All the Tomato Ketchup, Then?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
"Wait. Is this comment predicated on the notion that the rest of the stuff you’re getting from a Chinese restaurant is authentically Chinese?"

It's the same with Indian restaurants over here, most folk from India, Pakistan etc wouldn't recognise, let alone eat what is sold in them. Me, I love it :)

You can't beat a lovely lamb korma with a couple of keema naan breads.

Regards,

Jay.

Add some saag paneer and I’m in. I once made a cottontail korma that was incredibly good.

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
  • 2 (28 ounce) cans peeled ground tomatoes
  • ½ cup water, divided
  • ⅔ cup white sugar
  • ¾ cup distilled white vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • ½ teaspoon garlic powder

Once you’ve made your own ketchup and mustard from scratch you realize how one dimensional the commercial offerings are.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Looks like Heinz is the only ketchup we can't find. So, we are using a house brand from our commissary.

All of our other sauces are made by Brooks up in NY (Horseradish, BBQ and our "Gold Rush" sauce). Brooks is a BBQ place in mid-state that's been there for 40 years (right in Cooperstown). If you ever visit the baseball hall of fame, dinner at Brooks is a must. They started bottling their own sauces a few years ago, and now run several small chain proprietary lines.

Now, I am starting to wonder if I need to keep a firearm on me when eating in my truck. Someone may prefer to take my ketchup over my gold, ha ha.

I really love it when I get those ketchup cups. When eating in my truck, I have to find something to squirt those packets in, which leads to a mess when I finish. Those cup things are just way more convenient. I'd gladly pay $0.05 more for fries to keep from getting ketchup all in my truck and clothes.

1617885140666.png

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.