PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
One advantage of being thrifty (cheap) is that some of my best pipes were given to me by my wife for Christmas. She also has an uncanny sense for getting me blends that I haven't tried but find I really like. She does't smoke but was a heavy Camels smoker for years, so go figure. She likes to tell about asking for a pack of Camels and a racing form at the newsstand, and the guy turns to his assistant and says, "Pack of camels and a bible." BROB, what a delectable array of leaf! Love that 3-P among others.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
One advantage of being thrifty (cheap) is that some of my best pipes were given to me by my wife for Christmas. She also has an uncanny sense for getting me blends that I haven't tried but find I really like. She does't smoke but was a heavy Camels smoker for years, so go figure. She likes to tell about asking for a pack of Camels and a racing form at the newsstand, and the guy turns to his assistant and says, "Pack of camels and a bible." BROB, what a delectable array of leaf! Love that 3-P among others.
if you haven't tried the Doblone D'oro it's definitely one to add to the list in my opinion.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
You are a lucky man if your wife buys you tobacco. However, never let her buy you a pipe. If she is like my wife, she will think $50 for a pipe is the appropriate price and then she will gift you a cheap and crappy pipe that that you are obliged to smoke in order to avoid offending her. I still have a couple of those pipes - one burns so hot that it is like cupping satan's testicles every time I smoke it. So, just buy your own pipes - you can still lie to her and tell her it cost you $50.
Easy fix: Just buy her a pair of shoes for fifty bucks.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Can’t believe embers hasn’t posted yet. I think his wife has her own cellar and buys all his pipes. She might be imaginary???
imaginary-ice-princess_o_1004625.webp

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Yep, we have the same insanity here as well. My wife is why I have any pipes at all but she is scared to try to buy me tobacco. I showed her the photo of the tobacco you posted and told her all of those on the left (Doblone d'oro) are just fine by me if she decides to go looking.
I told my wife I usually buy 7 tins of everything.. she must have compromised on that one at 3 :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: aquadoc

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Good for you! Nice Wife.
Mine bought me a pipe that I wished she hadn't but.....
Bought me a 1911 that I put a lot of money into... then sold it like an idiot & now I want another.

Reactions: BROBS

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
if you haven't tried the Doblone D'oro it's definitely one to add to the list in my opinion.
I love slash hate that one. It's the single most inconsistent blend I've ever smoked. It can go from sublime to horrid and back in one session. Or maybe I got a bum tin. Oh wow that's great oh now it taste like motor oil. Some light plum hint and a sledge hammer of kitchen grease.

Status
Not open for further replies.