PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Okay, troopers, here's the deal. If you have to use something other than toilet paper, you also have to throw it in a trash bag, not the toilet, and discard it with wet/kitchen trash, or burn it in the trash barrel if you are way up country. Otherwise, it will render your plumbing gridlock, and cook your septic tank big time. This is standard procedure in many rural areas, even with toilet paper. Just FYI. Life is frustrating enough without lacking this info. You'd think basic paper products wouldn't be beyond resupplying, but it's a brave new world.

magicpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2018
MCO
I usually keep a healthy stock of TP anyway. I hate shopping so I stock up on regular consumables when I do shop. I’ve yet to buy any TP over the last month but I’m now keeping a close eye on my consumption rate. Haven’t seen any in the stores the last few times I ventured out. On a positive note, it’s late Spring & nearly Summer in Central Florida. Our trees are full of leaves. And who knew I would come to regret cancelling the yellow rag, bullshit laden local newspaper? You live, you learn!

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa

Either way you are screwed?

• Haha
Reactions: BROBS

cossackjack

Lifer
Oct 31, 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
...had a Toto toilet installed. Luckily don't have to play the toilet paper game.
We have had a Toto Washlet (bidet toilet seat) for a few years. At then end of 2019, I installed another, a BioBidet which I just changed ut for a Novita...
1585608221630.jpeg
Ahhh...the luxury of a freshly rinsed & heated air-dried dirty bottom.
Now we have 2 washlets installed & another for a condo.
As long as the power is on we need very little TP, of which I am cellared wide & deep (for which I was endlessly ridiculed by the family).
The local stores seem to have a supply, but limit purchases to one package per day.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Now I'm afraid to go check a store to see if there's any TP in stock. Our rural county just had its first confirmed case of COVID 19. As the county's only Walmart is the hub of all social interaction around here, the odds of that infected person not having been inside that store in the last 2 weeks is about 0.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
It's interesting to me how society used to label people who prudently and routinely store 6-12 months of food and supplies as odd "preppers" but are now referring to them as "greedy" and "hoarders."

I don't see an issue with people who already had a 6 to 12 month store in place prior to the panic. Those that went and cleaned out the rack of toilet paper, paper towels, sanitizers, etc. when the panic hit are greedy, low life POS's IMHO. If they weren't too stupid to stop and think for a second, they'd realize they could very well catch the virus from someone who was unable to buy any of the sanitizer products and end up passing it to them. The Law of Unintended Consequences can be a real bitch.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Now I'm afraid to go check a store to see if there's any TP in stock. Our rural county just had its first confirmed case of COVID 19. As the county's only Walmart is the hub of all social interaction around here, the odds of that infected person not having been inside that store in the last 2 weeks is about 0.

There's little reason to be afraid because a carrier might have entered the store. Use gloves if you have them. Hand sanitizer or alcohol if you don't. When you get home, thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water for 20 to 30 seconds. You can wipe down the packaging with some alcohol if you're concerned about it. The virus disintegrates over time, anywhere from 4 hours to 4 days, so leave your purchase in the garage for a couple of days if you're concerned.

The only way for you to get sick is if you are either in an enclosed space and in close proximity to an infected person, like less than 6 feet, have physical contact with an infected person, getting the virus on your hands and touching your nose, mouth, or eyes, without having disinfected your hands.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"The virus disintegrates over time, anywhere from 4 hours to 4 days,"

Jesse, we are being advised by HMG the virus can remain active for up to a week on certain surfaces. Glass being right up there whilst on such things as paper, fabric or cardboard, it lasts much less.

Regards,

Jay.

Status
Not open for further replies.