Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
We raised five kids, so even with just the baby home from school we buy the large Scott’s pack. Glad we did because it is rare as hens teeeth around here. We have one or the largest paper factories just north of us, so I don’t know what’s going on ;)

Reactions: BROBS and jpmcwjr

ThreeRivers

Lurker
Feb 15, 2020
N Florida
No toilet paper problems here as there's only me in the house but I'd gladly trade the few thousand pounds (that's pounds sterling, not weight) of pipe tobacco I have for some bottles of beer.

Not smoked a bowl in a year but still drinking beer and rapidly running out and supplies are hard to find ?

Regards,

Jay ?
Lol, TP is hard to come by locally, but the beer coolers are still being stocked to max capacity.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
So sad, that some greedy people will end up with a bank of toilet paper in their basement or guest room long after the shortage is over, and others will have newsprint in their bunghole because of it. I bought one twelve pack while there was still some left for others, and I hope I won't be punished for my citizenship. Other churlishness goes to the suppliers, who could ramp up and get tough about distribution, so most have a shot at it. If there comes to be a ten-dollar roll of toilet paper, I want jail time for the perpetrators, to send the message for next time.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
So sad, that some greedy people will end up with a bank of toilet paper in their basement or guest room long after the shortage is over, and others will have newsprint in their bunghole because of it. I bought one twelve pack while there was still some left for others, and I hope I won't be punished for my citizenship. Other churlishness goes to the suppliers, who could ramp up and get tough about distribution, so most have a shot at it. If there comes to be a ten-dollar roll of toilet paper, I want jail time for the perpetrators, to send the message for next time.
Toilet paper is one of those items that has a fairly consistent rate of usage, so the supply chain isn’t set up to handle a run on rolls, such as the widespread dementia of the population brought about. It will catch up, and responsible retailers can set purchasing limits in the meantime.
I would reserve the prison time and execution for hoarding scalpers of hand sanitizers and medicinal alcohols.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
It's interesting to me how society used to label people who prudently and routinely store 6-12 months of food and supplies as odd "preppers" but are now referring to them as "greedy" and "hoarders."
Maybe it's because one no longer has to hitch the horses to the wagon and make a two day trip to the General grocery and feed store to lay in supplies. Ready supply has rendered such practices irrelevant to most people's thinking.
I always have back up stores because I have so little free time when I'm working, and I'm aware that I'm adrift in a sea of stupid.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"If there comes to be a ten-dollar roll of toilet paper, I want jail time for the perpetrators, to send the message for next time. "

During my lengthy spell in hospital last year I was regularly given moist hand wipes for use as and when and foung them very useful.

When I came out I remembered the brand, it was Clinell and I went to Amazon and was delighted to see the very same products for a mere £10 per 200 sachets so bought myself a box and had one sent to my elderly mother.

I checked on Amazon the other day and blow me they are now £1:29 EACH!!!

Four months ago they were :05p each so if that's not price gouging then what the hell is?

Regards,

Jay ?

Status
Not open for further replies.