PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrokenRecord

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 26, 2020
PNW, US
I figured outlawing tobacco would negate any benefits a state could offer.. The thought of a state nannying me like that would run me off. I'd pack my shit and move... wife and son crying as we cross the state line. Haha
Tobacco isn’t outlawed. A tin cost 16-19 usd locally. The state is absolutely gorgeous. I grew up in Houston and fell in love with the PNW. I can drive to Hells Canyon or the mountains within an hour. I lived in north Idaho for a while. It is also a beautiful place with similarly priced tobacco, but I don’t find the plethora of swastika tatted people to be a positive in any way.

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
SmokinPipes hands down and I don't have to play the silly game of signing for the package. Fine selection of top blends and usually top quality estate pipes. Really great people to work with if you have a problem. Fast ship.

Reactions: ofafeather

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
SP for me. For pipes, especially Estates, they are tops, and their purchase program is more than fair. For tobacco, if they don't have it, most likely P&C doesn't either, and SPs sales and specials are better than P&C which seems to consist these days of Specials on tobaccos no one wants. I do love their H&H line especially White Knight and Black House.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
I began piping on Valentine's day and have purchased 2 pipes and 11 blends from PC and always arrived in 3 days time and in great shape. Yes, PC has better prices but it comes down to a few cents via S&H. SP offers more with their videos and articles.
Piping. Is this really a thing?

telescopes

My only gripe with Pipes and Cigars is that they require a signature for delivery and my UPS guy plays ring and run. Secondly, I'd sent a pipe to my dad and unbeknown to me that address became the default address for my next purchase. I ordered some tins and the tins went to him. My dad, who is anti tin tobacco threw all the tins in the trash. He then called me up and berated me for trying to kill him. Why would I send him poison. Poison said I. Yes said he. It has a skull and crossbones on the package.

It's tobacco. That's what they put on it these days.

He then called my sister and told her I sent him drugs.

My sister called me. She was all in a huff. She told me he knew it was drugs because it had goo on the drugs.

She told him that was because it came from California.

Nope, said I. It comes from down the road where you live. Seattle. Seattle Club Plum Pudding.

My sister lives in Bellingham. She moved there from Texas. HA. Was she ever in for some culture shock.

But I digress.

I don't know. It left me feeling, well, not particularly happy.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
My only gripe with Pipes and Cigars is that they require a signature for delivery and my UPS guy plays ring and run. Secondly, I'd sent a pipe to my dad and unbeknown to me that address became the default address for my next purchase. I ordered some tins and the tins went to him. My dad, who is anti tin tobacco threw all the tins in the trash. He then called me up and berated me for trying to kill him. Why would I send him poison. Poison said I. Yes said he. It has a skull and crossbones on the package.

It's tobacco. That's what they put on it these days.

He then called my sister and told her I sent him drugs.

My sister called me. She was all in a huff. She told me he knew it was drugs because it had goo on the drugs.

She told him that was because it came from California.

Nope, said I. It comes from down the road where you live. Seattle. Seattle Club Plum Pudding.

My sister lives in Bellingham. She moved there from Texas. HA. Was she ever in for some culture shock.

But I digress.

I don't know. It left me feeling, well, not particularly happy.
Oh my, what a to-do!

telescopes

Oh my, what a to-do!
It got better.

My brother called him. He said, "Get that tobacco out of the trash and save it for me. I'll come down and get it."

My dad got even madder. No, he cried, I won't be burying one of my kids before I die. It's poison.

My brother replied, "No it's not. I can take it. I smoke Dunhill Nightcap!"

That pushed the old man over the edge.

"G$d D#%#ed you" I won't have one of my children smoking tobacco from a tin!"

He then screamed, pretty loud from what my brother told me,

"Where did you learn this shit? From your mother?"

With that, he slammed down the phone, pulled it out of the wall, and flung it on the lawn.

At some point, he went out and got it and that is when he called my sister to complain.

"Your brother is a communist. He spends too much money on tobacco. G#$ D@#med liberal. He's got money for tobacco from a tin, he can stay in California for all I care."

Yup, I love my dad. I sent him another pipe. A freestyle Nording F Moss.

He thinks I hate him.

Worknman

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 23, 2019
SP has the best website for sure, also great customer service. They also know how to pack a shipping box properly, unlike P&C

Status
Not open for further replies.