PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightShayde

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2021
Georgia
flatline2beatline.com
Here we go.. I am sure people have their local favorites but for beginner pipe smokers, which website would you guide a newbie smoker to and why?
Smokingpipes.com OR Pipesandcigars.com ???

NightShayde

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2021
Georgia
flatline2beatline.com
Oh boy. This one should be fun (these two retailers have been discussed here ad nauseum in the past, especially PaC).

Pipesandcigars for the lower prices. SPC for everything else.
I have purchased my pipes and tobacco from P&C since I began Valentine's 2021. From what I have researched since then, there is really only a few cents difference overall between them especially shipping. I will say P&C has more tobacco. However, SP offers more with there articles, live streams and YT videos.

NightShayde

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2021
Georgia
flatline2beatline.com
Pipes and Cigars should be avoided at all costs. They may cancel your order without telling you, take forever to ship your order, never issue refunds, never answer their phone(s), never respond to an email. Message me if you want more info.
I began piping on Valentine's day and have purchased 2 pipes and 11 blends from PC and always arrived in 3 days time and in great shape. Yes, PC has better prices but it comes down to a few cents via S&H. SP offers more with their videos and articles.

Reactions: ofafeather

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
SP has a rigorously maintained website and over the top customer service. Their estate pipe pages are a good way for a new pipe smoker to venture into estate pipes with some confidence. Their pipe inventory is vast, and their high end pipes, especially artisan pipes are scrupulously described and displayed. They've come through innumerable times with generous accommodation of my requests.

I've had a good experience with PC and shop there second only to SP, along with Iwan Ries. I've seen more grumbling about shipping, etc., about PC, but my experience has been good.

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
My P&C experience was great, for years, until it wasn’t great anymore. They won’t get another dollar from me. End of story.

Smokingpipes is my #1, customer service is exceptional—every interaction I’ve had with them has exceeded my expectations by miles. I’d rather pay a buck more (if that even) for the assurance that if a problem arises, I’ll have nothing to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.