Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Anthony, my condolences. These loses are immense and take time. For what seems like a long time, the absence is vast. Then remarkably, after settling into their new place in the universe and your memory, the deceased come back to mind, big time. Your dad had a lot to teach you all the way through the end. And he has a lot to teach you in the future, the questions you asked and the questions you didn't, a connection to your ancestry in generations going back. I remember losing my dad (and mother, and late wife), each minute, in detail.

Jul 12, 2011
Sorry for your loss my Brother - I will be smoking in his honor today...something bold with depth and strength to match - It will be GLP's JackKnife Plug

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I know your dad's son, just a little.
He must have been a hell of a man.
Wishing you comfort.
jay-roger.jpg

Dec 28, 2015
I will definitely keep you and your family in my prayers Anthony. I lost my father several years ago and my brother and I reflect on the impact he made on our lives quite often and at the most unexpected times. As others have said, I believe the remembrance smoke will come to you at the appropriate time. Until then I will definitely have a smoke in his honor today.

joeman

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2016
South Carolina
Take it one day at and time and things will slowly sort themselves out.
+1 to that. Whether a pipe, using his tools, or doing something we used to do together...everything will have it's time; you'll know.
Lost my dad in November, 2011. He too was a veteran, hard worker, fought through cancer for several years before he died. Of the men I knew...I can honestly say he was a hero to me...taught me so much both directly and indirectly. I share that, just to add onto what others have shared as well...that I know exactly what you're going through.
Give thanks for having had your dad in your life as you did; the sorrow you now have is testimony to how great a loss this is to lose him.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Anthony this was my Dad, survivor on a farm of the Depression, WWII VET, hard man but you could get his last with a sob story, these are the real heros, I try to live my life so he would be proud. Wanted you to see him Anthony .

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Sorry to hear this Anthony. Take comfort in knowing that your Father was surrounded by those who loved him when he passed. Every smoke from now on will most likely be a "remembrance smoke".............. pipes have a way of doing that, and thats a good thing, time heals all.

dj11

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 12, 2013
So sorry for your loss Anthony. Prayers to you and your family.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I'm a sorry to hear about your loss. I know what you're going through and have deep empathy with you.
I'll raise a bowl out of a birthyear Dunhill (1938) of my late father.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
My sincere condolences, Anthony. I lost my dad in 1972, and I wasn't smoking then, but I did raise a glass or two of his bourbon in remembrance.
For your Dad, I'll be raising my birth year Dunny (1944) in his honor this evening. May he rest in peace, and may your family find consolation.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Anthony, I am sorry to hear of this. My condolences and sympathies to you. Your Dad sounds like quite the fellow!

drydock

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2016
So sorry to hear this. I believe that when the time is right, the answer simply comes--whether this happens immediately or weeks from now, or next year, it will come. And when it does, your dad will be right there with you.

menuhin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2014
I am sorry for your loss, my sincerest condolences to you and your family.

Jan 8, 2013
Wow. Everyone thank you so very much. Your kind words, shared experiences, and knowing you've raised a drink or pipe or both in his honor really lifts my spirits.
Edit to add: Bradley, you've got your father's look.

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
The timing of pairing a pipe and tobacco to honor your father will come when you're ready. For me, took a couple of months after my wife passed. I hadn't smoked much of anything in about 3 years for the pure enjoyment and reflection. My condolences and prayers to you and your family and a raised glass and smoke in his honor..

Status
Not open for further replies.