PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

litup

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2015
Sacramento, CA
I had to wait until I stopped crying after my mom died last year before I could enjoy a contemplative smoke. My mom died from breast cancer so I ended up buying a pipe with a pink stem. Whenever I smoke that pipe, I spend a few minutes thinking about her.
I'm very sorry to hear that your dad has died. I will smoke in his honor tonight.

butsiethesungo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 3, 2016
Broussard, LA
Your heart will call out to the blend,time and place. It is not something you choose, it will choose you when the time is right.
Weezel is correct on that! When the time comes, the pipe and tabac will choose you. When my grandfather died, my cousin told me that there will be bad days ahead and worse days. Eventually, it will get better. Anthony, I am deeply saddened by your loss and want you to know that you will be in my prayers and thoughts. I will dedicate my next smoke to you and your father.
Sincerely

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My condolences Anthony, I have no idea what you must be feeling. I do remember seeing my grandfather right before he passed and I was always so grateful for the chance to say goodbye. That's something you will always have.

cranseiron

Part of the Furniture Now
May 17, 2013
McHenry, MS
Anthony, my deepest sympathies. I'm sitting in a service center waiting for my truck as I read your post. It made me choke up as I too, received a call at work to tell me my father was dying. Unfortunately, he was unconscious and I didn't get to tell him I loved him, but he was surrounded by those who loved him as he drew his last breath. I didn't smoke a pipe back in 2005, but I only picked it up to honor and remember him as he was a long time pipe smoker. The best to you, my brother.

Eric

Jan 8, 2013
Thanks again everyone. It has been a rough week. Tomorrow, January 11th will be another rough day as we lay him to rest. And for all of you who have also lost your father, my condolences to you as well. I guess nothing really prepares you for it.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
My sincere condolence on your loss. I’ve followed here for many many years and feel as though I have merit to submit a memorable smoke in your honor.

Status
Not open for further replies.