PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDesertPiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 5, 2021
Arizona
I'm not really too sure if this is the right place to post this, but I wanted to share this somewhere. Last night my first child was born. She was early and there was a bit an unforeseen situation that required her to come out sooner rather than later. Both her and my wife are doing well and are still getting taken care of at the hospital. The whole situation was an absolute rollercoaster. I cried more last night then I have probably cried in the last 15 years of my life combined. I didn't even have to do any the hard work and I am absolutely drained. Had to come home alone though and take care of some things here. About to head back to the hospital to spend some time with my wife and new baby girl. Just that I would ask that you smoke a bowl for me today, and possibly the rest of the week. I don't think I am gonna have the time to smoke one myself. Thanks.

Jun 18, 2020
Wilmington, NC
I'm not really too sure if this is the right place to post this, but I wanted to share this somewhere. Last night my first child was born. She was early and there was a bit an unforeseen situation that required her to come out sooner rather than later. Both her and my wife are doing well and are still getting taken care of at the hospital. The whole situation was an absolute rollercoaster. I cried more last night then I have probably cried in the last 15 years of my life combined. I didn't even have to do any the hard work and I am absolutely drained. Had to come home alone though and take care of some things here. About to head back to the hospital to spend some time with my wife and new baby girl. Just that I would ask that you smoke a bowl for me today, and possibly the rest of the week. I don't think I am gonna have the time to smoke one myself. Thanks.
Congrats on the new addition and glad to hear they are well. Hope you all get to come home together soon.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
My first (also a girl) turns two on May 1. I still remember the hospital experience vividly. It's a wild ride. Ours also came early due to unexpected events. It is a crazy combination of scary, amazing, and incredibly tired.

Congratulations and best of luck with your new baby! As I'm sure everyone has already told you, your life will be forever changed. Mostly for the better, haha.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Congratulations to you and your wife on your baby daughter, and welcome to your daughter. It sounds like you went through an emotional wringer, but it is wonderful that you three made it through and have many happy experiences together ahead of you. I'll pick out a great big pipe and savor a bowl thinking how much better things will be for you three. Be well.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
Congratulations. Yes went through this when it as my turn. Even if you could slip away there is no smoking anywhere on the campus. When you finally return home that first pipe will be glorious. Then you can begin teaching them about Dunhill patent era pipes after about four years.
IMG_20210417_163931.jpg

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
new baby girl.

Congratulations! All the old sayings are true. Your old life is gone; your new life has just begun. It’s not the same life, it’s much harder and much more worthwhile.

I don't think I am gonna have the time to smoke one myself.

<…deep inhale…>

Ahahahahahajshahahahahahagahajahahahahahahahahahaha cough sputter

I hear you.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Now the fun of choosing a name, if you haven't. I start with the prettiest name among her grandmas and great grandmas and go from there, or maybe end up there. You've got the middle name to work with as well, but I'd listen to the flow of the three names together. Probably better if they are not all many syllables. You want rhythm and poetry if possible. The value of a middle name is that the child can use that if she doesn't favor the given first name. But give it a few days; you've been through the mill.

STP

Lifer
Sep 8, 2020
Northeast USA
Congrats! Daddy, best title in the world
:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.