PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiddlepiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 22, 2020
Scotland
www.danielthorpemusic.com
Congratulations! Glad to hear all are well.

It’s most definitely an emotionally draining experience. It continues in a similar vain, but is absolutely worth it.

Both the births of my two were a rollercoaster to say the least. My youngest spent an hour on a neo-natal resuscitation cart but we were lucky and 6 months on you wouldn’t know the fight he had at the start.

lraisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 4, 2011
Granite Falls, Washington state
Congratulations and glad to hear everyone is doing well.

My first was also a terribly stressful time when she was transferred to a neo-natal intensive care by ambulance and my boss called me at 7am just after getting home from all night in the maternity ward to tell me the company was closed. He said it was OK though because the health insurance was paid through the end of the month!

My daughter is now 40 and she and her brother are both people I'm intensely proud of.

TheDesertPiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 5, 2021
Arizona
Thanks for all the well wishes. Mom and Baby have both been home now for 2 days. The first night was a bit rough, but we are doing better now. Getting things figured out one step at a time. It has been both exhausting and amazing. I'm still having a hard time believing its real. Just wanted to say thank you again and express my appreciation for the kind words. Reading them meant a lot to me.

TheDesertPiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 5, 2021
Arizona
Congratulations! My daughter (only child) has her birthday on April 17, she's 14 now...but I recall the day she joined us as if it was yesterday. I hope you are getting enough sleep these days. :)
Luckily my wife is awesome and she has been taking care of everything after midnight on the nights I work, so that I can get some sleep.

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Congratulations! Sounds like after the unexpected rush things are now on the upwards trend? I watched both of mine be born. Really something. I’m not really much of a cryer (not that there’s anything wrong with that), but I may have gotten a little “choked up” when my kids were delivered. It’s a pretty awesome thing.
I think all men should see their children be born.

Status
Not open for further replies.