PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
jharvard, I am glad your Uncle Mike had a good time. You should have played, it doesn't matter how good or bad you are it is about having fun. You didn't need to worry about scratching my tables, those babies took a beating for 20 years and still looked great when I closed up shop.
Exeter is beautiful, I lived not far from there in East Greenwich. I have to be honest though, I do not miss R.I too much. I love the weather much better here is sunny Florida. Nice to have another N.E guy on the site. If you are still in Boston you should check out my favorite place in Chinatown( Ocean Wealth) and get a 5 pound lobster done in black bean sauce. I do miss Chinatown.

jharvard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 2, 2011
Cigrmaster: Ocean Wealth is a dream come true! Your post made me smile and make dinner plans soon. Cheers! :puffpipe:

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Getting my MBA in Accounting (Got a BS in it), extreme sports enthusiast. 27 years old... My sports are mountain biking (2 years), White Water Kayaking (17 years) I am a Tax Professional during the winter/spring, rest of the time I am looking for work. I smoke my pipe probabley one bowel every other day and I have been doing that for 2 years. There is no type of tobacco I prefer, right now I smoke aromatics, english, and VA about equally.

profpar

Can't Leave
Dec 8, 2011
Buford, Georgia
My name is Dr. Peter A. Roessle.
I am 54
I was born in Galveston Texas, raised in upstate New York, and have spent my entire professional career in Georgia.
I am a tenured full professor of chemistry at Georgia Perimeter College
I hold a PhD in physical chemistry from the Rensselaer Polytehnic Insitute and a MS in physical-inorganic chemistry from SUNY-Oswego. My research interests have shifted to chemical education.
I have been married for nearly 26 years. No kids but we have three dogs, two cats, and my wife's identical twin sister living with us. Fortunately the house is big enough.
I hack at my electric guitar from time to time. My first electric guitar was brought home to me by Shirley Muldoeney (Top fuel drag racer Cha Cha, "Heart like a wheel". I knew her son John when we were kids.)
First started smoking qpipe in the 70's. Put it down for many years. Picked it back up a few years ago. Still amateur but learning. Find I prefer english blends.
Pretty much it for now.

martiniman

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 6, 2012
Alright,

Abreviatred for now, more to come when i have the time and ambition.
I'm married, 46 with 1 boy (16 going on 40). Musical genius.....not me-him.

I've been in sales and marketing for 28 years(I know my sh*t), yep since high school.

I have 2 great danes, Max and Erma that are 3 years old and like my adopted kids.

I enjoy golf, fly fishing motorcycling(BMW 1200GS) and now pipes. I'm also addicted to the internet.

I smoked cigars for years but mainly on the golf course.

I tie my own flies, make beer, wine, gin, bitters and love to cook.

I do nothing half-assed.

I live by a creed of "its not the destination but the journey"

I am a bit of a smart-ass with a dry sense of humor.

I never want to offend but enjoy poking fun.

I like to start every sentence with "i".... :D
PS. my friends call me "Tuna" as in "Big Tuna" as in Parcells....

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
harvard, you need to go to Brookline( where I grew up) and check out The Golden Temple( beacon st). They make the best pork strips, spare ribs, egg rolls, scallion pancakes and shrimp with lobster sauce. I lived right down the street at 15 Winthrop rd and remember the place when it was a little hole in the wall.

morton

Part of the Furniture Now
May 3, 2012
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
I'm Brant, aka morton on this, the only forum I go on. I am the headbrewer for a medium sized group of brewing companies in Saskatchewan Canada. I am 53 years old, was married once some years ago and have now found the love of my life who has put up with me for three years. I smoked a pipe off and on for many years but until the last couple of years, didn't really get the whole thing. Now with over 80 pipes and probably 50 kinds of tobacco, I am on a journey of discovery. I collect labrador retrievers (or so it seems) or maybe they collect me as I seem to have a whole bunch of them around at any given time. I have 4 (3 blacks and a yellow) that I rescued with me now, and she who's suggestions must be listened to, has mentioned that I don't have to rescue every dog I see that is in trouble. I am reluctantly seeing the wisdom of her ways. I ride motorcycles, drive but mostly work on my VW camper vans and antique 911 Porsche. I cook, drink, and spend a fair bit of time smoking pipes and reading the assorted comments of my fellow pipe forum members. Hobie1, you piqued my interest in Penzance and I can say truthfully that I quite like it. I enjoy almost every kind of pipe tobacco but have been on a Va, VaPer kick of late, to the point where I am adding perique to things - just to see how it will taste. Great in some stuff, not so good in others. I am going to end this, have to edit as Dekker (the biggest Lab) just stuck his nose on the keyboard and posted before I was finished. Glad I have met all of you ,hope to stay awhile.

Aug 1, 2012
All right, I'll take a turn. I'm Dave and I live in BFE Wyoming and I love the place. I teach music and I play lots of instruments but my main one is tuba. An amazing woman actually married me and puts up with me and my hobbies. We both love to travel so I'll have to put up some of our photos, especially those we took last Christmas in Vienna. I have a couple of rescue cats who were 10+ years old when we got them and they are just a kick. I grew up the son of a couple old hippies who owned a VW repair shop until my dad had to retire due to Parkinson's. Maybe I'll add more as it happens but it is nice to read some of this and learn more about the great people on this forum.

gageploungin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 14, 2012
Hi all my name's Ehren.... 39 years old. I've lived in Portland, OR for about a year now. Before that I lived in Georgetown, CO for 11 years. I grew up in southern Illinois and went to college at Millikin University in Decatur, IL where I studied music. These days I'm a music producer for a small indie label and like to hit auctions and estate sales to make some extra scratch selling on ebay. I've been with the most beautiful woman in the world for 17 years and goin strong. I like bodyboarding, riverboarding (check out facelevel.com to see what riverboarding is), hiking with my dogs, skiing (if you want to call it that out here lol), painting, and fishing. I used to hunt elk back in CO but haven't out here. I'm still very new to pipes and figuring out what I like..... I recently tracked down a few tins of this Penzance everyone raves about and am looking VERY forward to its arrival.

aaronbrill

Might Stick Around
Sep 28, 2012
Just joined up, but I'll take a turn here too. 33 years old, live in northern Michigan, and have been married for 3.5 years now. No kids yet, but we have a dog and a cat that think they own the place. I went to college for mechanical engineering, so I'm working as an engineer for a large corporation as my day job. My real passions though are music and creating things with my hands. I've been playing music for about 9 years...started on bluegrass-style banjo and now I'm playing electric guitar and singing in a rockabilly/honkytonk country band just about every weekend. When I have time I enjoy building musical instruments, including banjos, mandolins, and electric guitars so far. I've also built a few amplifiers and I'm now branching out into electric guitar pickups. I also enjoy riding my old Harley Sportster (although I didn't get to ride much this year since I was busy repainting it and doing other work on it), and hunting and fishing as time permits. I already told the story of why I started smoking my pipes in the introduction thread so I won't get into that here, but I'm finding it as a nice relaxation tool to unwind. I can already see my creative juices flowing with this new hobby as I have a couple pipe tampers in process that I'm making from some beautiful curly maple scraps leftover from a guitar neck that will be capped with some cut down .30-.30 rifle shells ;-)
Aaron

Status
Not open for further replies.