PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

classicgeek

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 8, 2010
Well, now we know why certain tobaccos get scarce from time to time. It's atwageman leaping into action. :puffpipe:
Some quick calculations... 555 tins would last me... 72.26 years.

Simon

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Good god! THAT IS A STASH! Most impressive! 555 Tins is ore than I could smoke in my lifetime given my smoking habits. Oh, and Bubba, you do have a big stash in comparison to many here. Nowhere near atwageman's cellar, but yours is impressive as well. Now the question is: How long will that last you atwageman?
-Jason

atwageman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 25, 2010
NC
I'm still young. Yes I'm one of a few that can be blamed for causing some blends to go out of stock once in awhile. I cellar wide and deep....everything from aromatics to kick ya in the balls latakia blends. Later on in the year I plan to start cellaring some of my favorite bulk blends as well.
I cellar for the following reasons:

1. I liked aged tobacco

2. Hedge against price increases caused by further taxation, etc.

3. Hedge against the possibility of certain blends going away.

4. Like any other commodity, its an investment.

5. I can afford to cellar and the wife doesn't have a problem with it.

dubinthedam

Lurker
May 18, 2009
Amsterdam
I'll do my best to get some shots uploaded soon, but as I smoke about two tins a week my cellar rarely grows more than a few pounds......and I never have enough Virginias stocked up, they always get smoked too quickly. Am I the only one with this problem?

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Wonderfull stashes . Mine is kept in various locations throughout my home .Lest the wife realize how much money I have spent . LOL

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
Here is my stash. Sorry it is blurry. The green boxes of mason jars each have 12 jars in them.
1ba74cc8.jpg

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
Looks like Everyone likes blend #5 [:D] I passed it up for something else, maybe I need to revisit it...
I think that's just because we got it for free lol. Someone posted the link to fill out your information and they send you a tin for free.

collindow

Jul 15, 2010
Portland, OR
Jesus God some of y'all have insane amounts of baccy! I have, at present...maybe eight ounces? And every time I buy a new tin I get ostracized for days by my buds!
Maybe if I start selling my body I can begin building a respectable seller. On second thought...probably not ha!

oldmaus

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2010
@Collin

Someday when your done with school and off and running on your career you will have a "dog in the fight." Don't fret, the guys with big piles in the cellar have either spent the retirement or been working on it for awhile. :D Someday you will be off the porch and runnin with the big dogs!

atwageman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 25, 2010
NC
Like oldmaus said don't fret it. I started working on my cellar over 5 years ago. With proper planning and a little luck your cellar will grow quickly.

cwlinsj

Lurker
Jan 31, 2011
Hi Y'all,
Here's my pipe tobacco & cigar cabinet.

HumiPipes.jpg

Tins.jpg

Jars-1.jpg

I keep track of my cellar online at tobaccocellar.com. Note: I have no affiliation with them.

http://tobaccocellar.com/CWL

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
My profile picture is of my stash. I have added another 5 oz since that picture was taken. I plan on adding big time at the Chicago Pipe Show in a couple months.
Winton

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
Isn't that Peterson's Holiday '10 brilliant? That's a great collection, bowhatchie. Not to mention buckeye's and cwlinsj's (welcome to the forum by the way!).

Status
Not open for further replies.