Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row “Richmond Virginia USA
Reactions: Scottmi

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I really like the bamboo on curved stems. They don’t do many like that.

I posted one here in July I bought this past summer with the Faux bamboo look, not sure if you saw the post, just thought I’d share it again, if you missed it.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
My new Radice Rind. First smoke today, with Hogshead. Bowl and shank totally clean. Stem had some black dye? in it, cleaned out with a few everclear-dipped pipe cleaners. Smokes like a dream!
View attachment 275631 View attachment 275632 View attachment 275638 View attachment 275636 View attachment 275637 View attachment 275635 View attachment 275662

I wouldn’t recommend using Everclear, Isopropyl, or anything for that matter in acrylic. I have come to realize it will slowly break it down, for lack of better words, it eats at it.

I’d also do the same for cumberland/vulcanite.

Seems odd if you bought it new, there would be any such dye/black coming out of it.. hmm odd.

Enjoy that thing, the beauty of that pipe, is that it’s double duty as a billy club... LOL 😝

Reactions: Toast and Scottmi

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
I wouldn’t recommend using Everclear, Isopropyl, or anything for that matter in acrylic. I have come to realize it will slowly break it down, for lack of better words, it eats at it.

I’d also do the same for cumberland/vulcanite.

Seems odd if you bought it new, there would be any such dye/black coming out of it.. hmm odd.

Enjoy that thing, the beauty of that pipe, is that it’s double duty as a billy club... LOL 😝
LOL! yeah, those are substantial sidewalls!
i generally have a light touch when using the solvent. was very surprised at the black with first couple passes through the stem. never seen that happen before. definitely new/unsmoked. perhaps drill dust, but it took a few to stop staining the pipe cleaners. tastes fine. ;-)

Reactions: PipeIT

bersekero

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 29, 2023
Greece
I'm somewhat partial to the Clear line of Radice pipes. Here are some of mine:

View attachment 275731

The third and fourth from the top are G. Have a couple of GG, but I find those to be too big and don't smoke them anymore.
Out of curiosity do the shorter ones smoke hotter? There is a short clear radice with lovely bird's eyes at al Pascia that caught my eye.

Reactions: PaulRVA

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
Just smoke a tad slower. Its not that short. I think I know the one you are looking at. Its a pretty one. If you really like a dry cool smoke try a cm of meer chips in the bottom. It keeps your pipe really clean too. You can reuse them several times. Broken garden pot chips work also. My wife gardens so there is usually some laying around to beat with a hammer.

Wet Dottle

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 20, 2023
Littleton, CO
Out of curiosity do the shorter ones smoke hotter? There is a short clear radice with lovely bird's eyes at al Pascia that caught my eye.
I'm not sure how short you're talking, bersekero. If you're talking about the smaller pipe in my pic, the bottom pipe, the answer is no. It's just a smaller capacity bowl: shorter smokes, but everything else remains equal. If you're talking about the chubby pipes that Radice and others make, then I don't know. I never liked the way those pipes look, therefore never got one. But they are intriguing pipes...

Reactions: AroEnglish

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
My only issue with some short pipes is smoke drifting up my nose. I haven’t measured the one that does but I should. I find that annoying but it could be that specific pipe and the draft in the room where I smoked it last.

Reactions: bersekero