Here's two that I built some time ago.
Newpiperack.jpg

rack1.jpg

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Here's one of two racks that I have...
piperack-426x600.jpg

I know, not very exciting - but it's mine, all mine!

willwoodbine

Lurker
Nov 30, 2012
@austinxpipe...its not actually a pipe rack. My local post office was closing down and I dug this out of their skip. It a rack for ye olde postage rubber stamps. Unfortuantley its a little short and has to stand on a box for the pipes to sit properly...it do however rotate, endless fun.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
20130108_215724-150x112.jpg
Spyder, I have to agree, that is awesome! That being said, please don't laugh at my meager collection. As you can see, only 2 pipes so far but I'm getting one custom built and a rack is on order. Most of my collection is in cigars at the moment.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have a Savinelli rack that holds 36 pipes. I have a couple of 6 pipe holders but so far only one of them has 2 pipes in it. Here is a pic of it open.
DSC09697.jpg

Here is a stock photo from a catalog that shows the outside.

savinelli6022piperack.jpg

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I love these threads. Pipes are more than just for smoking, they are quite awesome to display and admire too. Great collections!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Harris: someone had a Savinelli like yours on Ebay last week, that one really caught my eye. The birdseye on the wood looked amazing. And, it appears to fit your larger pipes quite well, not always a given.
Here is my current setup. An old smoke stand we've had for 25 years holds my weekly rotation in a corner of our dining room. The overflow is in the family room. It looks like there are now three Sherlock Holmes cases in this thread. I cut the holes into a u-shape and added an elastic cord to each row, to hold my larger pipes. A 12-pipe rack holds more. I can't resist a Westie themed stand and picked up this hefty 3-pipe rack for some of my Taylor Ashtons (also cut the holes into u-shapes).

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
@Spyder...Where did you get your rack?
@Cigarmaster...Where did you get your rack?
Both really nice. I have having some issues. I have a couple of rack but I favor larger pipes and am having a hard time fitting my pipes on them.

Dec 24, 2012
In November I ordered a 48 pipe rack and 2 24 pipe cabinets from Ken Lamb, who custom made them for me. They are made from walnut and birdseye maple. He sent me some shots a few days ago just before he shipped them off to me here in Canada, I will post some shots when they arrive, You can google Ken to see his work.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
@peckinpahhombre - Wow that Walnut and Birdseye maple is super nice. I would love to have one of those in the 24 pipe size. Very nice!

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
I love Birdseye maple. I'm building a tamper display rack for a guy out of Birdseye. I'll post some pictures when its done. I'm going to build a cabinet in Birdseye soon I think.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
here are mine:

This is a picture of my set up

100_5171.jpg

100_5169.jpg

100_5170.jpg

pipesup108.jpg

pipesup109.jpg

KGrHqEOKpYE5cqzq4BObRnN3fOw60_3.jpg

510469535_tp.jpg

I since added this. I don't have any picture with pipes on it, this was just a picture from ebay

KGrHqJqsE88gcG80WBPY60eYPCg60_35.jpg

My Erik Nording pipe holder

erik.gif

My arm chair pipe holder

0405021214.jpg

cajundad

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2012
Louisiana
I posted this in another thread , but ill show it again . An Old store display case . I put random pipes in it . Ill post picks of some others when I return home from work .

1E4F0B9B.jpg

atboth

Might Stick Around
Dec 7, 2012
I love all those pictures. Unfortunately I cannot reciprocate. The pipes that I'm not presently smoking are in document boxes in one bookcase. The twenty or so pipes in the current roster are on a tray near the foreign dictionary bookcase, where the tobacco bought in 2010 and 2011 also resides. The tobacco acquired in 2009 lives in the bookcase next to me desk and the talmud-torah bookcase. Dunhill tobacco is in cardboard boxes under the bed. There's tobacco everywhere. I can't read half the books that I own now because my tobacco is occupying prime real-estate in bookcases, in front of the books.
Fortunately I know at all times where my open tins and pipe cleaners are. They're on a large stack of books near the bedside table and in the cookery section.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Hey, as long as you have a system that works for you.
If folks arent familiar with gecko13's cabinets, he makes wonderful craftsman grade pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.