PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

briarblues

Can't Leave
Aug 3, 2017
That is a tough one to answer, for me. I have been blessed to have been given a few pipes, over the years, which are highly prized in my collection, but this one stays in my guitar room in a domed display case.

Given me by Luigi Radice to celebrate his 80th birthday. One of only one made by Luigi himself. A gift that was finished while I visited the Radice workshop in 2019. It rarely gets smoked, but when I do it brings back so many incredible memories.

Attachments

• IMG_2747.jpg
    IMG_2747.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 42
Dec 10, 2013
Nijmegen, the Netherlands
Similar to what PaulRVA said above, I purchased this Dunhill Cumberland in the late 80's when I was just out of high school and it traveled with me many places around the world with the Army and on my person in general. I've given it some extended breaks while at home, but every time I go somewhere it ends up in my pouch.

View attachment 332991
Very beautiful pipe and nicely spoken :)

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
That is a tough one to answer, for me. I have been blessed to have been given a few pipes, over the years, which are highly prized in my collection, but this one stays in my guitar room in a domed display case.

Given me by Luigi Radice to celebrate his 80th birthday. One of only one made by Luigi himself. A gift that was finished while I visited the Radice workshop in 2019. It rarely gets smoked, but when I do it brings back so many incredible memories.

That’s very cool, but it needs to be displayed showing the other side so that it reads “80” instead of “08”!

Mike N

Can't Leave
Aug 3, 2023
That's pretty deep when you mull it over. I like it, words to live by for a father.

Off Topic:

Yes. My dad was a Purple Heart recipient after being severely wounded in combat in the Battle of the Bulge. He was a retired Army officer and went to TCU on the GI bill. First in his family to graduate from college. Every day was a bonus to him. He and my mom had 8 children. My other favorite quote of his, when one of my 6 sisters was gabbing in his ear as he listened intently: "If I don't listen to her, she will find a boy that will." I never forgot that while raising my own daughter.

thebriarbear

Lurker
Aug 15, 2024
New York City
I only keep a 7-day rotation and have sold off the rest, so it’s easy to look at them and decide. It would have to be my Peterson 313, a gift from my brother.

IMG_0133.jpeg

I find that if you are patient and put the time in with any pipe (or thing) and learn to live with it, it’ll be something you eventually couldn’t imagine living without, value aside.

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
I just set back and look my racks over, and I can't really choose just one. In my smoking style, it would be impossible to keep enjoying smoking with only one pipe. But, as I look them over, there are quite a few that I could live without, but I have no wishes to just chunk them in the trash... yet.
When you get there I can forward you the address of a good disposal site😉

AroEnglish

Rehabilitant
Jan 7, 2020
PMF Recovery Center
I just set back and look my racks over, and I can't really choose just one. In my smoking style, it would be impossible to keep enjoying smoking with only one pipe. But, as I look them over, there are quite a few that I could live without, but I have no wishes to just chunk them in the trash... yet.
When you get there I can forward you the address of a good disposal site😉

Yeah, Sobr can send you my address since I don't charge a disposal fee.

• Haha
Reactions: cosmicfolklore

AroEnglish

Rehabilitant
Jan 7, 2020
PMF Recovery Center
Yeah, I said I probably would and a currently regretting not grabbing your 102 smoothie.
Speaking of 102’s, I still think a Silver Mounted Army would look good on you…
Yeah I regret not grabbing my own Short Army 102 but even more the rusticated 102 since I have a smooth Short Army 87.

Silver mounted would look good on me but is a little long for my face 😆

Reactions: thomasw

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Truly my most cherished pipe. It is this Stanwell, the first briar pipe I ever bought.The second briar pipe was the first pipe, Peterson, the one in my forum profile picture, given to me by a good friend and fellow forum member, Dan the Dutchman. When I was going through a bad patch. I will always be grateful to him. By the way I don't see him here anymore. God bless him. IMG_4003[12136].jpg