Show Off Your Stanwell Pipes Here!

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

dmcmtk

Preferred Member
Aug 23, 2013
mawp, that 19 is very impressive! The "Regd. No." stamping discontinued in late 1960s to very early 1970s, I would say your pipe is from that period. You can see a different shape 19 in the "late '50's" catalog here,
https://pipedia.org/images/6/64/Stanwell2.pdf
Have a look through the 1970 catalog here,
http://files.homepagemodules.de/b169807/f122t2530p9256n1.pdf
:D

mawp

Jul 15, 2019
dmcmtk I am agree with you, I tried to edit the post but I could not, when I was typing I was thinking in my other birthday acquisition a Peterson that must be from the early '50 so I write wrong, thanks for your comment, I am a little bit obsessed with the dates but at the end I think it was a nice found :D

donjgiles

Preferred Member
Apr 14, 2018
I like Stanwell,

Don

mawp

Jul 15, 2019
N pipes is great but N+1 is greater that is why i could not resist the urge of getting another Stanwell in such a small period of time but at the end we are here to spoil our self did not we?

It is a #46 I guess a Pot shape I could not find any reference about the closest I get was a small picture of a #45 that's look very similar, anyone can provide some information ?

I really like the thickness of the bowl wall.

boffosquid

Jun 27, 2019
Edmonton
Hi all - sharing my Stanwell Calabash - early 90's, Ebay find - showed up dirty, full of cake, chewed button and full of stinky tar.... a good cleaning, ream back to briar, button rebuild and overall wet sand/polish of rim and stem, its a beaut! Factory shank band is sterling silver, as is stem badge.

They don't come much prettier - and it smokes like a dream. 8)

Last edited:
Reactions: danish and rogers

f5rd2hy

Jun 24, 2017
NV
Just got this NOS unsmoked 2003 saddle stem billiard from The Danish Pipe shop. Oval shank to boot. As a bonus (to me), it's listed as 35g and actually measured 27! Very light. Came with what looks like a licorice type pipe candy, dowel tamper, nice sock, and a box of matches.

bnichols23

Preferred Member
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
^^^^^ Unusual for a Stanwell, at least the Danish era. Very nice, though, & I'm a huge Danish fan. But I also like the stand straight types & particularly Lovat types & most billiards. Lucky you -- I'm envious! :)
Bill