PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

joeman

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2016
South Carolina
My little Stanwell farm began innocently enough 3 or 4 years ago with one...then another...and many of you know how it can go from there. The good news for my pocketbook is that the majority of these came to my mailbox one at a time, in need of some level of refurbishment/restoration...so in many cases, I paid some fraction of what they'd be worth if they were already shiny.
With the exception of the Italian-made brushed pipes in the center (I'm yet to break those in), the circle is comprised of Danes which are all smokers for me. Happy to show individual pipes better if any of you Stanwell guys care to see.
2e0jzir.jpg

joeman

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2016
South Carolina
Wow Joeman thats a beautiful haul. There are some really unique shapes there!
I love that Sandblast Calabash at 1 o'clock.
Thanks, Smitty! They are handsome...and smoke like champs...especially that calabash.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Joeman, you have some great shapes there. I, too, like the Stanwell 1/4 bent calabash. I have 1 blasted with smooth rim in the HCA series.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Sorry, never have known how to post images. Bought that calabash new years ago and, at the time, it was noted as a HCA II. However, when I see HCA II's noted for sale now, it's a different shape. Bit of a mystery that.

odobenus

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 15, 2018
Vermont
Joeman! That is an amazing collection. What's the style number of the egg-like piece at about 9:30 or 10, between the two with exposed plateau? Or would that be a freehand with no style #?

Thanks.

odobenus

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 15, 2018
Vermont
New (to me) Stanwell 137 Royal Prince, Eltang design, Danish made.

Followed by two modern Italian-makes: the great Sixten-designed 63 (Royal Danish), and a 207 with no stain, which I bought without realizing it was filtered, so I got an adapter that works well (thanks to some kindly advice from Dave Wolff). I like the 'authentic' line.

stanwell-137-600x327.jpg

stanwell-63-600x341.jpg

stanwell-207-auth-600x336.jpg

Reactions: AroEnglish

leafsmoker

Can't Leave
Oct 26, 2017
Indiana, USA
Okay you win joeman. :eek: I have only one stanwell and I love it. My stanwell is a canadian or french style Zebrano.I love Zebrawood so all the ones I would purchase would be the Zebrawood ones.Love them-I have a thing for inlays I guess...

mawp

Lurker
Jul 15, 2019
I decide to get a new (state) pipe to celebrate my 56 anniversary on earth and looking in a sort of craiglist I found this gem.

It is a Stanwel 19 as far as I could investigated should be pre '50s due to the register number and hand made stamp I must perform some clean up so first smoke wont be today
stanwel-l-600x242.jpg

stamwel-r-600x301.jpg

stanwel-top-600x226.jpg

stamp-l-600x400.jpg