PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Ha! 480 something at last count. He doesn’t believe in “thinning the herd” obviously.
And I think I may have too many at 55 or so because I think a pipe should only be in the rack if it gets smoked at least once every 2 weeks and my herd is too big now to accommodate that philosophy entirely.

Pipe Daddy

Might Stick Around
Oct 16, 2019
Lots of nice Dunhills there hauntedmyst!
Nice collections everyone!
Here's mine, missing 3 - 4 that I leave at my dad's house.
pipes-05.jpg

pipes-04.jpg

pipes-03.jpg

pipes-02.jpg

pipes-01.jpg
This is a really nice collection. It's great to have bent and straight, Some meers and cobs thrown in for variety's sake.

Reactions: Paul lec

Pipe Daddy

Might Stick Around
Oct 16, 2019
Fantastic array of pipes gents. Kudos to all
Here are the pipes that I have out on display. To see a slide show of individual shots click HERE

allpipessf.jpg

Peter Heding Pipes

heding12sf.jpg

Jens "Tao Nielsen Pipes

taoset7.jpg

W.O. Larsen Pipes

larsen7.jpg

Dunhill Pipes

dundozsf.jpg

Tobacco Stash

baccy.jpg
OMG, what a beautiful collection. Perfection in every detail. Teach your grandkids the value of these before that fateful day arrives.

Reactions: bent1

stewartu

Might Stick Around
Apr 15, 2012
309FC22B-C280-4F8D-83DB-AC913FB22BEA.jpeg

Top to bottom:

Left column- Peterson Aran B-11, Peterson Aran B-10, Iwan Ries, Unmarked Meerschaum Apple, Medet meerschaum claw, 1890’s W.H. Newman meerschaum

Middle column- Barling Sovereign 4805 ( nosewarmer), SMS meerschaum claw, WDC meerschaum (1910’s)

Right column- Kriswil Bernadote (great flake pipe), Macauley saddle bit poker, Peterson Kapet 46, Wally Frank (pipe of the month from 1938), Roermond Golden-Guilder, Nording

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
In the next week or so I plan on halving my collection down to about 55 artisan only pipes. I am tired of looking at pipes I rarely smoke so time to let a bunch go. Mostof what is f=going is old British wood like Willmer AAA Straight Grains. An older Upshall, a Lane Er Charatan After Hours, a couple of Dunhill's, 5 Pre Transition Barlings, a couple of Rad Davis pipes, a Abe Herbaugh Rhodesian, Maybe a few Ruthenbergs and a few more artisan made pipes. The pipes I am moving all smoke just fine, it is time to move the collection around some and make room for more Jack Howell's. I have a lone Castello Occhio di Pernice Dublin that smokes great but the acrylic stem bugs me too much. I do have plenty of racks and storage for all my pipes but I think 50-60 pipes should be plenty. I also would like to keep everything in 2 racks, a 36 count Savinelli and a 15 count antique looking wrack with one 6 count round rack for my biggest pipes.

Here is my set up before I added the closed 14 count wrack and an 18 count round rack that holds bigger pipes. I really want something neater and easier to see what is what.