PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

gubbyduffer

Can't Leave
May 25, 2021
Peebles, Scottish Borders
Been smoking a pipe for around 18 months. Thought I might gather one or two pipes. Here is my current collection. Includes corn cob, budget briar, a couple of restorations and a commission. I tend towards straight stemmed pipes. Most smoked are the Jack Ryan commission Straight Billiard/Lovat, Morgan Bones stubby Rhodesian, GQ bent Dublin and the MM cob. I haven't taken to the Falcons or the Chacom despite its beautiful stem. The Bulldog is a restoration I just got finished this evening, so have not smoked it yet.
20220802_213730.jpg

StringBEan

Might Stick Around
Jul 27, 2022
Alabama
6AE3F11E-BAEF-45E7-83D5-24CA299ED8C9.jpegAC80E072-32D2-4041-A24A-F6E085D37793.jpeg BC2BF987-AF80-4EAF-9188-69232560F923.jpeg
Here is my (rather modest) collection. I keep the cobs on rotation for work, and cycle through the pears/briar based on what catches my eye that day. My only pipe worth writing about is the Mitchell Thomas cobra I found in the basket at my local B&M (The Briary). One day I’ll scoop an estate lot or two to grow the stock, but I find that I always go back to the cobs regardless. Briars sure are pretty, though.

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
This is wild, you guys have some serious collections. Collections worthy being called collections.
All racked up nicely and well presented, I envy you. I keep my three pipes in a cigar box.

0468401457.jpg

I have more tobacco than I have pipes to smoke it through, heh!
The middle one is my very first pipe, a cheap little Capitello (I think I said Savinelli when I introduced myself).
The bottom one is a Jean Claude, my second pipe. And the top just a regular old clay pipe, my favorite.
Nothing special by any means but they do their job and I'm glad that I can call them my own.

I wonder how many I will have in a few years.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
This is wild, you guys have some serious collections. Collections worthy being called collections.
All racked up nicely and well presented, I envy you. I keep my three pipes in a cigar box.

View attachment 163787

The middle one is my very first pipe, a cheap little Capitello (I think I said Savinelli when I introduced myself).
The bottom one is a Jean Claude, my second pipe. And the top just a regular old clay pipe, my favorite.
Nothing special by any means but they do their job and I'm glad that I can call them my own.

Don’t worry, it won’t take long and you’ll be up to your neck in pipes…..

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
Don’t worry, it won’t take long and you’ll be up to your neck in pipes…..
So far it's been three pipes a year and I'm sure there will be one or two more by the time the year is completely done. If it keeps going like this I just might have to move my pipes from a cigar box to a drawer by the end of next year. Not that I'm complaining...

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com

View attachment 163787

@Chaukisch I like the clay pipe and wooden chest. I like medieval / period / vintage things; my living room is furnished as a medieval Great Hall:)