PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Seeleybc1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 29, 2022
Palmer AK
The 2022 xmas pipe series. I love these copper mounted petersons. I’m finding I like copper on pipes in general. I like the warmth it brings to the overall look, and think it looks neat once patinaed.
The 230 shape while small I believe fills a niche. And being an army mount and rusticated, makes a nice little package you wouldn’t feel bad throwing in a hunting pack or whatever.32ABE2AA-D4AD-431C-BD04-2E6DAB25E990.jpeg

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Peterson connoisseurs, lend me your knowledge!

I’m hoping to get a birth year Peterson after getting my first Pete, a 1976 Deluxe 9s (below). I loved both the system and the plip! I was wondering what shapes were made in the late 1980s? Ideally I’d like to get a 9BC but I don't think that shape was still around then.

signal-2023-01-17-142343_004.jpeg

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
He
Peterson connoisseurs, lend me your knowledge!

I’m hoping to get a birth year Peterson after getting my first Pete, a 1976 Deluxe 9s (below). I loved both the system and the plip! I was wondering what shapes were made in the late 1980s? Ideally I’d like to get a 9BC but I don't think that shape was still around then.

View attachment 195764
Here’s an article with a catalog that should be right what you are looking for! Peterson catalog – Peterson Pipe Notes - https://petersonpipenotes.org/tag/peterson-catalog/

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I like Peterson Shorts and @John Brandt had this one in a smooth I’d been looking for. It’s a No. 230. My other shorts have pretty decent sized bowls - this model is definitely more petite. Really well made and because of the smaller chamber dried out some Wilke Vermont Maple (seemed appropriate to start with today) and rubbed it pretty fine and dropped it in. Should be a great little pipe on the road or just for sampling tobaccos. It is performing very well at this moment - dryish, fine and loosely packed and sipping away and nary a gurgle or false note! 5889F2F1-BBF7-439D-81A7-E9B9A35A396F.jpeg

Piping Rooster

Can't Leave
Jun 29, 2022
Champa Bay
I like Peterson Shorts and @John Brandt had this one in a smooth I’d been looking for. It’s a No. 230. My other shorts have pretty decent sized bowls - this model is definitely more petite. Really well made and because of the smaller chamber dried out some Wilke Vermont Maple (seemed appropriate to start with today) and rubbed it pretty fine and dropped it in. Should be a great little pipe on the road or just for sampling tobaccos. It is performing very well at this moment - dryish, fine and loosely packed and sipping away and nary a gurgle or false note! View attachment 197952
Those have been piqueing my interest especially the zulu and 999. A couple of smooths have dropped on both SP sites.

John Brandt

Might Stick Around
Aug 25, 2020
Fall River MA
I like Peterson Shorts and @John Brandt had this one in a smooth I’d been looking for. It’s a No. 230. My other shorts have pretty decent sized bowls - this model is definitely more petite. Really well made and because of the smaller chamber dried out some Wilke Vermont Maple (seemed appropriate to start with today) and rubbed it pretty fine and dropped it in. Should be a great little pipe on the road or just for sampling tobaccos. It is performing very well at this moment - dryish, fine and loosely packed and sipping away and nary a gurgle or false note! View attachment 197952
Enjoy.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Hey all, do I have these shape correlations correct?

Deluxe System = Standard System = Normal Shape

20s = 314 = 221

12.5s = 317 = 230

11s = 312 = x220

9s = 307 = XL90

Reactions: HawkeyeLinus